Texas Candlemaking Conference

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone. I am finally able to post information regarding the postponement of the Texas Candlemaker's Conference. I have had a really tough time in the last six months. Although I was determined to host the conference regardless of my condition, it now must be postponed due to my having to have major back surgery just two weeks ago. I am barely back on my feet but am at least able to sit a computer at this point to post updates and get things situated so that everyone will be informed.

The Texas Candlemaker's Conference was created by myself and my husband, along with input from our fabulous candlemaker friends. Our company name is The Wax Wagon, and we host the conference as a private event, fair to all vendors and all crafters. Our conference is dedicated to the candle and soap makers, so we choose not to pass it along to any vendors to take over, although we have had a few offers. Simply put, we spend quite a bit of our own money to help launch this event, and it would not be reasonable for us to "hand it over" to anyone because we would be out much money, and the option of "selling" it to someone is out of the question because there are entirely too many plans already set in place that it would be too difficult to just throw it into someone else's lap, nor do we want to do that because the conference is our baby and we intend to (and are looking forward to) host it once I'm fully back on my feet and recovered 100%....doctor's orders at this point.

Our plan is NOT to CANCEL the conference, but merely to POSTPONE it to a later date, after the first of the year (2006). I am working with the facility on a date, and since we have already paid them, they are being very kind about this and working diligently on finding us a date that we will be pleased with. Currently, they have offered us July of 2006, but I am asking them to check on an earlier date since July is a bit busy with IGCA and Soaper's Convention. Once we settle on a date, I will be informing everyone.

Registration payments made prior to May were processed, but payments received after May have not been processed (all registrations have been logged, but payments were going to be processed as funding was needed), so this will make it easier for those who might want refunds. Credit card payments made after about May have not been processed, and Paypal payments have not been withdrawn (we were keeping them in an account so that all funds would be available strictly for conference fees). So, if anyone who has registered and paid would like a refund, please contact me at texascandleconference@thewaxwagon.com and include your full name, date of registration, form of payment and all contact information. If you prefer to rollover your registration to the new conference date, that will be fine as well. All registrations can be rolled over to the new date.

The conference website will be updated very soon as well, so that all viewers will be informed of what is going on.

I apologize for all of this, but unfortunately I do not have a choice at this point with my emergency surgery. My health comes first, finally....I have been scared into believing that I better take care of myself or else I will have more problems to deal with, and believe me, after the pain I have been in, that is not an option any longer.

For those of you who have sent well wishes through email and through postings on the boards and phone calls, etc., please know that I wholeheartedly appreciate your concern. I have made some wonderful friends through candlemaking, and it melts my heart to know that you care so much. Thank you, and please please accept my sincere apology for having to postpone our fun event.

Kind regards,

J.T. Burnett

The Wax Wagon

Texas Candlemaker's Conference

texascandleconference@waxwagon.com

waxwagon@yahoo.com