Flexible Mold Getting Color Out

I bought a flexible mold off of the classifieds and it has green dye looks like in it. I made a yellow rose with it and the top of it came out green looking. Is there any way to clean this out of there or was this a waste of my money. :cry2:

I have been learning to make molds like that. Run a couple pours with something hard, like 2818 at about 170F. It should pull enough dye out that it will not transfer, the mold however will remain stained for awhile, but it should not hurt anything. A few extra pours of Astorlite V will work also.

Out of curiosity, what wax are you using?

Well.. Sounds like you should keep practicing to not get the petals to break, and by the time you've got it perfect, the stain should be gone!

Hope you post pics, I love looking at some of the beautiful flowers made with silicone molds!

With silicone molds even regular yellow beeswax will stain mine - I pour one white BW candle at 190F and most of it comes out so the next one is white. Two gets rid of it completely. If I were to do this professionally I would have one mold for each hue like reds, blues, greens, yellows - know thats expensive, but it would work. I was told thats how the "larger manufacturers" handle this as its not an unknown issue.