Coconut Flakes in CP ~ can it be done??

maryann

you read my mind... I also want to know this... I am going to make some pina colad soap as soon as the FO arrives... I think I willl try it and see... you can always just cut the tops off... sorry I couldnt help but hopefully some one will know

did you see that soap with dried apples on it... hummm I wonder what all you could use... has anyone ever tried that? dried apples i mean?

Thanks for letting me know your results Tall Blonde!!

LLB I thought of the SAME thing last night (toasting the coconut) as I was taking it outta the frig. Here's the link to it http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28900 . The toasted coconut would have been neat as this FO turns brown. I did take a bit of soap out for white, then a second cup for peach (both unscented) and swirled with the rest of the batch that was scented. Then topped with a layer of white unscented and sprinkled w/ LOTS of coconut flakes. Its smells GOOD!! I can not WAIT to cut it, it'll probably be tomorrow or the next day. I put the batch into the frig as I didn't want it to gel, so it always takes longer to be hard enough to cut. :undecided

Ya know I'm so glad you brought that up Bunny as this is one of the first soaps I've added food to, so I'll be sure and dry them somewhere where I can keep an eye on them. I would have never thought of that since I've never experienced ants on my soap while drying~ thanks :smiley2:.

I have it my the kitchen table waiting to be cut and the kids have had to get the bag out a few times to have some after walking by the soap. BUT I keep telling them remember that picture of that little boy burnt by the lye, well this coconut is touching that lye (in a round about way), so they know not to pick it off and eat it. I'm not a big coconut fan so I won't be picking it off. So that leaves DH.... if he decides to have some I'll just give him one of Leslie's Mountain Dew bottles (filled w/ co-op oil) too wash it down :laugh2:.

(DH is a BIG MD fan and almost drank some castor oil once out of those bottles from Leslie's co-op!)