Back in the saddle...how I did it...

slaztoo

:mad: I'm so irritated. I posted the other day how I made this & it never showed up. It was right before CT went down. sigh.... Anyway, I'll try again. Okay, this is MP & the colored layers are clear MP that I shredded with a cheese grater into a ziploc & then colored with neon mica. It was so hot the day I made this that my shreds were almost melted without any help, so I poured the first white layer & let it set up enough to layer the colors on. I sprayed with alcohol & sprinkled the shreds for each colored layer. I then pressed the colored shreds with the bottom of a sqare glass to make them all squish together. Then came more spray & then the last white layer. Whew... When I unmolded the soap I kinda knew it was wishful thinking that they were gonna stay together. I put the wooden mold on top of the soap log & then put 2 bowling balls on top of the mold to see if I could REALLY squish them together. They stay together...until you get them wet. Stay tuned for follow up pictures of my rebatch. I'm trying to think of something cool to do with those bright colors. :D

Thanks for listening to me babble....

Karen