Cupcake bubble bath icing-question

angiestaff

Have you seen the solid bubble bath cupcakes? Does any one have a idea on what they would use for icing these things?http://www.opensundaes.com/catalogue/catalog/index.php?cPath=1

I have seen these done as bath bombs and bubble bars and I have that down pat but would love to make some as cupcakes and have cute icing but my recipes seem to dry to pipe with a decorators bag, any ideas will help.

I think this will be a hit with my little one (8dd) HATES to take a bath and I have been making bombs and bubble bars and she is now sometimes taking 2 baths in 1 day, so now I basicly am making at least 1 bath product a day because she wants to try the "newest thing"

TIA

Angiestaff

ok I am not going to be very helpful... but those are soooo cute...

I make some melt and pour cupcake soaps... they are like a two pack of soap when you go to use it... the top is seperate from the bottom...

This website has got me thinking... I need more backing soda but I want to play with my tub truffle recipe to see what I can come up with... I will keep you posted should I find some time!!

Ok they have these as solid bath oil cupcakes and they look the same as the bubble bath cupcakes-I never thought of a silicone mold- I have considered using some cocoa butter to ice them with but I think it will work against the bubbles. They do have some real cute items but kinda pricey, my dd will have to settle for "hand iced" instead of "bakery iced" looking cupcakes I guess.

Another place that has some real cute stuff is Dlishus.com . Seems like they dip some of the bath bombs in cocoa butter and decorate real cute.

Angiestaff

I don't see why you couldn't use just the regular mini cupcake molds. I also remember reading that you can whip just regular M&P soap. You just have to work quickly with it is all. Those are very cute. I think I'm going to have to experiment with these this weekend lol I can't tell though if the cupcake part is hollow or solid. I wonder if you could make them hollow like a hurricane shell and them fill with your piped soap.

• 3 weeks later...
Have you seen the solid bubble bath cupcakes? Does any one have a idea on what they would use for icing these things?http://www.opensundaes.com/catalogue/catalog/index.php?cPath=1

I have seen these done as bath bombs and bubble bars and I have that down pat but would love to make some as cupcakes and have cute icing but my recipes seem to dry to pipe with a decorators bag, any ideas will help.

I think this will be a hit with my little one (8dd) HATES to take a bath and I have been making bombs and bubble bars and she is now sometimes taking 2 baths in 1 day, so now I basicly am making at least 1 bath product a day because she wants to try the "newest thing"

TIA

Angiestaff

The ingredients in for the bubble bars and the bath melts say they have sugar and meringue powder, I aa guessing this is the icing...and they may or may not be silicone molds, I think each one looks exactly alike is bcs when they posted the pics they just used one pic but changed the icing color each time, which is very easy to do so you don't have to take a pic of each one.

I want my bubble bars in cupcake form but can't decide if I want to invest in a silicone mold (which usually only has one cavity) or fool around with something to make my own icing etc. I don't think whipped soap would work well with those, I am thinking more along the line of whipped Cocoa Butter or similar.

The ingredients in for the bubble bars and the bath melts say they have sugar and meringue powder, I aa guessing this is the icing...and they may or may not be silicone molds, I think each one looks exactly alike is bcs when they posted the pics they just used one pic but changed the icing color each time, which is very easy to do so you don't have to take a pic of each one.

I want my bubble bars in cupcake form but can't decide if I want to invest in a silicone mold (which usually only has one cavity) or fool around with something to make my own icing etc. I don't think whipped soap would work well with those, I am thinking more along the line of whipped Cocoa Butter or similar.

I wasn't making drama, I was stating how they got them to look like that, as that was the original ???? asked in the post

Thank You

I saw silicone cupcake holders in the cake section at Michaels today... wish I would have grab them as I tried making the cake part tonight w/ paper cupcake holders and it didn't work that great. I'm going to try whipped soap as my "frosting". They look so cute... thanks for sharing the idea :) !!

Have you seen the solid bubble bath cupcakes? Does any one have a idea on what they would use for icing these things?

did you check out the ingredients? looks like she made a meringue with water, meringue powder, sugar and coloring. guess that would dissolve quickly in the bath - but I'd think it might be sticky. I like the whipped soap idea better. just a bit on top could almost be a one-use soap...

I saw silicone cupcake holders in the cake section at Michaels today... wish I would have grab them as I tried making the cake part tonight w/ paper cupcake holders and it didn't work that great. I'm going to try whipped soap as my "frosting". They look so cute... thanks for sharing the idea :) !!

I saw those silicone cupcake holders, too, they were just like the cupcake papers, only silicone, I think there were about 15-18 for 9.99, just like you I wish I would have grab them up too, I wonder if they would have worked?

Sue Ann

I think most definately, as they were stiff for packing the bomb nice and tight. Looks like we both better take another trip back to Michaels :wink2: !

Here's what mine looks like. My son's going to test it at the end of this week (I know I should give the whipped soap another week but he's chomping at the bit to use it). I think if I try it again I'll frosting them at a regular height, I like the idea dari gave as a one time use (I was going for a few times).

[ATTACH]7944[/ATTACH]

post-119-13945840748_thumb.jpg