Yankme Looking To Sell Company

I think candle sales are down all the way around. My wholesal customers are still buying but not as much and not selling as many. My bath and body stuff, especially soap is flying. May be a trend we need to watch. I have also noticed that Yankee has closed some of their stores.

they have simply hired a company to analyze the possiblity of selling the company..... Do you know the stock market too socky? I do. They do this hoping for a white night. As far as overpaying for some retail stores etc, i suppose that is one more genious move?

all I have to say is THANK GOD I do B&B stuff..my candle sales are wayyy down compared to the B&B stuff...it will pick up at the holidays and then drop off again..but B&B does better...

and I can see why they might sell the last few candles I burned from them (and NO I did not buy them ...they were gifts).. SUCKED!..the votives did not give a full melt pool..sunk in the middle and did not smell much.???

I think either my standard or their quality have changed over the past 8 years.. or both.

??? Why would you buy another company and then talk about selling? That is strange.

Thats another shell game in the stock market. They get a instant sales increase by the purchase, they writeoff the loses if they have any from it, they have more locations to sell the candles to. They are desperate, basically, this type of company should be private. Then they can do what they want and not kill the brand anymore then they have in the last few years.

I will say this about Yankee--they do have good candles (no matter how you would like to trash their quality, they do sell for a reason), but I will agree, that they don't seem to know what they are doing.

It seems that they are in turmoil and it's because of their own greed and arrogance. I think they need to figure out exactly what they want to do: sell low-cost candles or "premium" candles; sell b&b: sell housewares (that they always have to put on clearance); or operate tourist facilities. Did I leave anything out?

They closed several of their own stores, now they're buying a "competitor." They are like the Walmart of the candle world, but without the brains. I think they've been ruined by poor leadership--perhaps with good intentions, but not much common sense.

They've really screwed the small shops that put them on the map. Now they're in bed with Hallmark, offering discounts, test marketing, and scents not available to other retailers. With continued price increases and availability in chains, more and more small shops will be dropping them.

With continued price increases and availability in chains, more and more small shops will be dropping them.

Woohooo best news I have heard yet. If the small shops keep dropping Yankme then there will be MORE shops for my candles.

I will say this about Yankee--they do have good candles (no matter how you would like to trash their quality, they do sell for a reason), but I will agree, that they don't seem to know what they are doing..

How do you figure that Yankme has good candles? They tunnel, they leave hang up, they smoke, they don't throw. Once upon a time they were a quality candle company. To quote Mr Poe - NEVERMORE!

Dat

Sockadoo, That has to be one of your best posts you have ever typed. All you said is true, I would foam at the mouth to turn that sucker around.............. It needs to be a private company. You cant be a stock that dictates constant 15% growth every quarter, year after year to keep the stock price up and if not the stock tumbles and they are forced to do the wrong things.... PRIVATE AND ALL NEW MANAGEMENT.

I think that was about 10 years ago and also things changed.

Soy came to the market, they handled that horribly. They lessened the FO and went to sugar and spice scents and as well as clean scents which are cheaper to make but not always what people want.

Enough for now.

http://www.illuminations.com/jump.jsp?itemID=20559&itemType=CATEGORY&path=1%2C2%2C14&KickerID=310&KICKER

Yes, the sucking sound started about a year ago but is only being noticed now, now they are scared, us little people and others are taking a big bite out of them. Internet makes it easy for everyone to have acess to make a great candles. This wasnt always true.