Bath Bomb problems

mterrell77

Can anyone help me on why my colored bath bombs turns the tub the color of the dye? I have made different batches and varied the color I use each time but it never helps. I bought powdered color from MMS and each color I bought specified that it will not turn the bath water the color of dye. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

hahha I see what you mean with yellow!!!

Yeah I dont mind it tinting the water a little, but it left a terrible ring all around the tub from the water mark down to the bottom of the tub. I had to take a towel and clorox to get it off! :cry2:

Yeah no yellow or brown either.

Are you using any butters in your bomb receipe? Sometimes butters will stick to your tub and if it's colored leave a ring. I've read good reviews on Brambleberrys colors, I have been using Wilton colors with no problems but I do not use alot so my bombs are pale. I would love to get nice vivid colors and may go ahead and order from Brambleberry.

HTH

Angiestaff

hahha I see what you mean with yellow!!!

Yeah I dont mind it tinting the water a little, but it left a terrible ring all around the tub from the water mark down to the bottom of the tub. I had to take a towel and clorox to get it off! :cry2:

That's what I thought you meant. LOL I too dont' mind the water but don't want that colored ring left in my tub which is what my first few batches did with the MMS colorants. I am very pleased with the BB bathbomb colorants. I did buy some of the Wilton after a much appreciated tip from Grumpy. :wink2: But I haven't tried them yet.

I have the la Bomba colors from - oh drat, where are they from? Anyway, my kids use a couple of over-dyed bombs at a time (my rejects) and no ring! And I used waaaaay too much color. My bombs have just a little shea, that's it in terms of oil.

Older tubs do tend to form rings more easily for some reason.

I have the la Bomba colors from - oh drat, where are they from? Anyway, my kids use a couple of over-dyed bombs at a time (my rejects) and no ring! And I used waaaaay too much color. My bombs have just a little shea, that's it in terms of oil.

Older tubs do tend to form rings more easily for some reason.

LaBomba colorants are from Brambleberry.

The MMS FD&C's are what I use, but I must say, I use the size of 1/2 a pea for a 2 lbs of dry stuff. And they are super vivid, and tint the bathtub water, but not the tub. These are super concentrated.. Please don't give up on them, just cut way way back..