No more lye!!

mysticglow

You can also order it from http://www.boyercorporation.com/

I think you have to order a case of 6 cans that are each two pounds of lye, that's the minimum order. Might be two cases. Not really sure because I've never ordered it, it's just under my list of links.

Our local Ace hardware store does not carry it, but they will order it for me. If memory serves me correct, the minimum order was 4 containers for them to order it.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the same problem I had here. &^$#! Meth labs. The only local grocery store stopped carrying it after I bought the first one. I found one grocery chain that still has it. You're not too far from me, do you have any Food Worlds there? There are 3 of them in the next town and all carry it still. I'm going to call the manager and find out if they have any plans for discontinuing it too :cry2: If so, I'm gonna stock up! I prolly will anyway, just in case. ;)

Have you tried asking them to order a case just for you? I had the same problem where i live but asked a store manager of a hardware store if he would order a case just for me and he said ok. Now i just have him order a case when im low. Lin

I know that there was red devil lye at our local grocery store the other night. If you all want, I will go there tomorrow, and find out the price and size and all that, and if you want, I will get it for you and ship it to you for the exact price, no extra.

After reading this post, I thought how lucky I was to be able to run to the local grocery store for my lye. Having to get more, I went out later to get my lye. Low and behold, they no longer sold it. I then had to check the Food Lion. They had some, but is was closeout priced. It was quite humorous to see myself going to each Food Lion to buy all their lye. Seriously, the prices will be good for the customers for a little while, but I hate the thought of paying almost double for lye when I've hit all the Food Lions in the the area.

I'm finally going to attempt soaping, have all my stuff except lye. Have been checking everywhere.....

Home Depot

Agway Feed (chain)

Aubuchon Harware (chain)

Called several Industrial Plumbing Suppliers

Called Paper/Cleaning suppliers

I swear I checked 14 different types of stores, and FINALLY, the good old Tru-Value Hardware stores (2 of them none the less) carry the Red-Devil. Hadn't checked the grocery stores but ours are so flakey I doubt they'll have it.

Once I get tot he point of needing more I'll probably order on-line, but for those still looking, Tru-Value was my best bet.

Our True Value doesn't carry it. I haven't checked Ace, I won't shop at that store. I just ordered online yesterday from Sarah's Spa Creations and I got a shipping notice this morning, delivery in 3 days. It came out to $2.60 a pound with shipping. I pay almost $5 at Safeway for 18oz. I saved alot of money. Robin, thank you for the link.

The lye is supposed to be under soap supplies/chemicals and additives. It doesn't show up at home, but it does at work. Strange.

I couldn't find it and I looked under everyone of her links. I wonder if she has it off right now because she's out of stock? :confused: I'm going to email her to find out.

My local store used to carry it too. Not any more.:( Too many idiots think it is a great way to get a buzz.:angry2: Why in the he!! would you want to put that stuff in your body . I have no clue. I saw what it does to paint and bodies

I couldn't find it and I looked under everyone of her links. I wonder if she has it off right now because she's out of stock? :confused: I'm going to email her to find out.

Ooohhh, let us know what you find.

I saw it at a local hardware store near me....but I think it was around $7-9 (I don't know how much it weighs though)