UGH - Im soooo mad!

ebcandles

This really shouldnt bother me but it really did today. Hubby's mother was visiting for 3 weeks. She is leaving back home tomorrow. As she is packing, I noticed about 12 bars of some "Zest" soap. Immediately, I become enraged. Why you ask? His entire family knows that I make my own soap. His mother was over last week ooohing and aaaahing over my soap. Why on earth would she go and purchase soap from a store? What happened to supporting the "family owned business"????

UGH, and to top it all off.....Hubby asks me why IM SOOOOOOOO UPSET? :shocked2: Are you serious?

So I go on to tell him, dam, you know never stick up for me. You could have said, Mom, why would you go buy soap from the store? You know that Carmen makes soap that is much better for your skin. Plus, I would have NEVER charged her for anything.:wink2:

His response? Well, my sister took her to the store and probably paid for it and that is the soap that my dad likes. My response to that? I GIVE UP:rolleyes2

Please tell me im overexagerating. Please tell me to forget about it and we cant teach an old dog new tricks:laugh2: Pretty please?

It is true you can't teach (some) old dogs new tricks - Some people have closed minds and they don't want to listen or change. Then you have those that will try and they find out they love the soap and will use nothing else but it.

I have had different ones tell me they can't use my soap becuase they have sensative skin or becuase of this or that - At first I tried to explain how much better home made soap is for your skin than the chemical ridden stuff you get at the store ( I even showed them printed articles, making the same statements that I was trying to point out ) but they still insist that they need the store bought stuff - It used to get me upset but I have learned that people like this all ready have their mind made up and what ever I told them it was not going to change.

So that this point I am encouraged by the ones that try my soaps and like them and say oh, well to the bull headed ones - they don't know what they are missin'

So be encouraged :)

Don't get to upset about this.. some people are set in their ways.. my MIL wont use any of my things.. she has to have this particualr soap, and this particuar lotion and nothing else.. why? because shes used it for 40 years and can't stop:laugh2: no other reason.. habit

d

Try living with someone that closed minded. I don't even bother preaching to him. He has even seen the improvements on our son's skin. I figure, if he wants to scratch his horrible eczema skin down to BLOOD (he wakes up in the middle of the night to scratch) so be it. I give up. His loss. His discomfort. I am NOT going to lose sleep over it. But, I understand the frustration. sending hugs!

KimO

I don’t make soap, but I did buy some homemade soap that I loved. I had quite a few bars. Next thing I knew my mother-in-law took it ALL and was passing it around to her friends. I didn’t realize it until I went to get a new bar and it was ALL GONE. My husband had told me he given her a bar of soap, but I didn’t know he meant ALL OF IT. :shocked2:

I would be upset too. My best friend makes soap and I had bought some Drakkar scented ones from Liz for Dh...I asked him what he thought about the soap and his response was "It's soap" NOOOOOO!! It's not just "soap". Some people just don't get it. :rolleyes2

Soon after I decided to start selling my candles, I actually got an invitation in the mail from my MOM that she was hosting a freaking Partylite party! :shocked2:

Hang in there girlie!

That's rough. My feelings would be hurt, but something similar (well, not really) happened to me this past weekend. My sister's birthday was the end of July and all she wanted was candles, so I made her (4) 16 oz. Apoth. jars. And I make her candles all of the time, w/o cost to give as gifts, etc. Well, I see this gel candle with fruit in it (sorry you guys who make them, I'm not fond of them) on her counter top. I ask her about it, "it was a gift." Well come to find out my mom tells me she bought it, because she wanted to "try it." Well...my response to my mom was, "well she can try this--try paying for her candles from now on." My feelings were so hurt. My sister is my second harshest critic, but wow--to go out and BUY a candle and put it right next to the one that I made for her...FRUSTRATED.

Thanks for the VENT.

Awe dont feel to bad or alone Carmen I have a sister who wont even try my soap and will only use a certain store brand. Besides that i gave her tons of candles for free just to find out she threw them away or gave them to someone. This drives me crazy every time i go to visit her as she has candles all over the place from the dollar store.(if thats not a slap in the face) she says she dosent like my candles because she has neaver bought any and had to worry about triming the wick. I guess it will allways bother me as it will you but some people just get set in their ways and no one can change them no matter how good something else is. On the other hand her own daughter tells her shes crazy and loves everything i make so i just give things to my niece now and try not to let my sister get to me any more. I have neaver had one single customer ever complain about anything they bought from me but my family complains about everything so ive just decieded its their loss and their probley just jealouse. There are those people that just get to like something and they wont change just because that one product has worked for them. Its like the old saying goes, if its not broke dont fix it,lol. gOOD LUCK cARMEN AND JUST LET THIS ONE GO,LOL. lIN

Dont worry Carmen, Ive gotten my husband to try my soap once, he still uses Zest. I even removed all traces of commercial soap from my bathroom, and he used my sons baby dove soap to wash his hands...grrrr. I am going to keep trying, but I know how you feel, my mother in law wont try my soap either.