How do you handle complaints?

ebarnes

Were these really complaints?

1. Customer bought 2 candles, Jam Me Crazy & Cotton Clean. Cotton Clean was lighter than Jam Me Crazy. I explained that it was just a lighter scent. It threw well just not as strong as the other.

2. Regular customer, she has purchased about 7-8 candles from me. She asked if she could have some for free, I told her no but I appreciate her business. I sold her a 16oz Jar for $8.00. Gave her the candle the week before the 4th of July, she paid me yesterday. I asked her 2-3 times over a period of 3 weeks for the $8.00. She finally gave it me & told me to leave her alone. She then complained "This candle is not as strong as the Strawberry, can I have some money back" "The candle burns to fast (1/4 MP) can I have some money back?"

How do you handle???? I blame myself for selling on credit to friends.

2 complaints in one year, not bad.

I'd tell her, "Hey, at Burger King, their chicken sandwich dosen't taste like their Whopper either!" :tongue2:

She's trying to compare apples to oranges.

And what I'd say next time she wants credit...."Who do I look like, First National Bank?" :tiptoe:

OMG I laughed sooo hard... this is soooo true... people will say anything to get free stuff... Dont give in.... she will just want more... she already had a discount... and had free no intrest financing for 3 weeks lol... thats more then enough

I agree with everybody else. Also, there is NO where around here that you can get a 16 oz candle for $8 except the Dollar Store. The grocery store even charges way more than that! Some people are going to whine no matter what.

This is why my policy is..

We do not take returns based on improper burning of candle, scent throw, dislike of scent or color.

Because you have NO idea how or where they burn their candle...what if she is in a Great room that is 1/2 the size of the house with very high ceilings and burns a votive..and it is not strong enough???? NOPE..not gonna exchange it..sorry...what if they buy Sweet pea..which is a Light floral scent and the scent was not strong enough..nope not gonna exchange it..

now if they came and told me it was lilac in a 6x8 bathroom..that is a different story..something would be seriously wrong with my candle and I would ask for the rest of it back to test myself.

Looks like they just want some free stuff..set down your policies..friend or not.

I'd tell her, "Hey, at Burger King, their chicken sandwich dosen't taste like their Whopper either!" :tongue2:

She's trying to compare apples to oranges.

And what I'd say next time she wants credit...."Who do I look like, First National Bank?" :tiptoe:

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

You Go Crying Moon! I totally agree with you!

This is why my policy is..

We do not take returns based on improper burning of candle, scent throw, dislike of scent or color.

Because you have NO idea how or where they burn their candle...what if she is in a Great room that is 1/2 the size of the house with very high ceilings and burns a votive..and it is not strong enough???? NOPE..not gonna exchange it..sorry...what if they buy Sweet pea..which is a Light floral scent and the scent was not strong enough..nope not gonna exchange it..

now if they came and told me it was lilac in a 6x8 bathroom..that is a different story..something would be seriously wrong with my candle and I would ask for the rest of it back to test myself.

Looks like they just want some free stuff..set down your policies..friend or not.

I can agree with the votive scene BUT I have a great room 1/2 the size of my house with 40 ft ceilings and MY container candles(pint mason jars) Have 1 hour to reach my nose one the second floor loft or the scents not used!

that's the test by which I test my candles by. I garentee the way my candles throw! in nearly 6 years, I've replaced ONE candle! And that one because the woman failed to tell me she worked in a rubber factory for 12 years and couldn't smell ANYTHING!

I go through a similar thing, but get this--I have people who don't buy from me say this:

I am going to give you a jar and the money for the wax and the FO you use so you can make me a candle

I always tell them sorry I can't because this is my business and I have too many other expenses to cover and that would cost me too much if I did business that way.

Then the same people (ones I work with) expect a free candle from me on their birthday. I give several women I work with a free candle on their birthdays because they buy from me constantly and get me a lot of customers through references. I feel that is my way of thanking them. Then the other people who don't buy from me feel they should be getting them on their birthday as well. I just ignore those requests.

Those people are just out for freebies. I also like the requests for free samples. I tell them that Walmart doesn't usually hand out free samples of their candles and they could well afford to compared to me.