start testing 464 in the AM

Ill be heating to 170-175 adding dye cooling to 150 adding 1 oz fo pp. and pouring right away. Using 8 oz sq mason jars and using the wicks I have on hand right now, ecos and lx. If anyone has any words of wisdom Id be grateful:D

Hi Dixie,

I am glad that you are starting wGB464 so I have someone to compare with. I sure don't have any words of wisdom, but I do have pretty good luck w/CD12's in a SM. I don't have your wicks so I can't be of any help there. For me I have not got the color figured out yet, might not color them at all, just add UV. It seems the more color I add the frost shows up, maybe that is dye related, maybe it is there all the time and the dye makes it more visible. I get a great cold throw, and I am sad to say that some of my fragrances are not hot throwing well in this wax, but if I bump up to 8% it gets a little better. I let mine cure for 4-5 days before 1st burn. Most of the time I get smooth tops at 135-150 much higher, I get a slight dip or a hole.

Good luck with your 464..OH Cathy

Hi Dixie,

I am glad that you are starting wGB464 so I have someone to compare with. I sure don't have any words of wisdom, but I do have pretty good luck w/CD12's in a SM. I don't have your wicks so I can't be of any help there. For me I have not got the color figured out yet, might not color them at all, just add UV. It seems the more color I add the frost shows up, maybe that is dye related, maybe it is there all the time and the dye makes it more visible. I get a great cold throw, and I am sad to say that some of my fragrances are not hot throwing well in this wax, but if I bump up to 8% it gets a little better. I let mine cure for 4-5 days before 1st burn. Most of the time I get smooth tops at 135-150 much higher, I get a slight dip or a hole.

Good luck with your 464..OH Cathy

you only thought you had no words of wisdom! great advice ty, we'll have to compare notes

As far a s wicks go, I was told that the self-trimming wicks don't work as well, but I have been using the LX wicks and like them very much. I'm using 8-9% FO.

As far as coloring goes- the tempuring seems to really help, but I will try it more after the kids get back to school :D.

HTH

I just poured my first 464 tester today. I also poured a tester of KY's 125, and a 50/50 of KY's 125 and 115 to compare to the 464. I will have to say one thing about the color. I use liquid dye and put two drops per 8 ounces and the 464 was about half as dark as the other two. Guess I will wait 3 or 4 days before burning. Good luck.

As far a s wicks go, I was told that the self-trimming wicks don't work as well, but I have been using the LX wicks and like them very much. I'm using 8-9% FO.

As far as coloring goes- the tempuring seems to really help, but I will try it more after the kids get back to school :D.

HTH

sounds like I should try the max load. I though it was 8% though? Glad to hear you have good results with the lx, hope I do too

Ill be heating to 170-175 adding dye cooling to 150 adding 1 oz fo pp. and pouring right away. Using 8 oz sq mason jars and using the wicks I have on hand right now, ecos and lx. If anyone has any words of wisdom Id be grateful:D

You have an interesting approach here! Please do let us know how it works. When I have tested GB wax I have always heated to 185 and added FO at 175. For the 464 I poured at 135 into slightly warmed jars, just enough to take the chill off. Good luck and may the Force be with you!

geek

You have an interesting approach here! Please do let us know how it works. When I have tested GB wax I have always heated to 185 and added FO at 175. For the 464 I poured at 135 into slightly warmed jars, just enough to take the chill off. Good luck and may the Force be with you!

geek

now you have me worried:o guess Ill try some both ways, I swear Iv read so much on this wax the last few days I dont know if Im coming or going. However it turns out it cant be as bad as ecosoya, and is always interesting playing around with it

I would follow Geeks approach. I do the same and if I get a bad top I just use the heat gun. I did notice the heat gun works best if I let the wax settle over 8 hours to a complete solid wax. Then they are perfectly smooth tops. No problems with scent throws yet and I have had great success with CD's.

Geek, the CD's work great with 464 in Melting pot jars.

• 2 weeks later...

finally had a free day and got to pour some testers. Went with peaks spruce christmas tree because I could never get a good throw with ecosoya cb with that scent and I love it. Candles look great except for one I had to use the heat gun on it looks all bumpy. They have an awsome cold throw which is more then I got with eco with this scent so Im hopeful.

Outstanding job! :yay:

Some other FOs that work well in 464 are MC or Peak's Banana Nut Bread, Peak's Bayberry, and MC Apple Jack N Peel. I use 7% and it almost burns your eyeballs out :shocked2:

geek

thanks! I am always looking for an excuse to buy new scents;)

OK, everyone...I tried the 464 - wickless in an elite platinum jar (they are tooo cute!). Anyway, beautiful flat top, the red (mac apple) came out nice, but frosting everywhere.

I heated to 185, FO in at 175, poured at 135 into a slightly heated jar.

I think I have read that the red may frost more than other colors, but any other advice you may have for me?

Thanks!

jane

I just poured my first 464 tester today. I also poured a tester of KY's 125, and a 50/50 of KY's 125 and 115 to compare to the 464. I will have to say one thing about the color. I use liquid dye and put two drops per 8 ounces and the 464 was about half as dark as the other two. Guess I will wait 3 or 4 days before burning. Good luck.

Hi. I hope you do post your results or pm me as I just don't want to spend bucks on shipping of a few pounds the 464 unless it is better and I use the 115 as a mix and am very interested in how they compare as far as burning and wick size. Thanks. Beth :cool2:

I pour at 150-160 and use Evo dyes and rarely get much frosting...at least not right away after initial set-up...I get a little later on if there are fluctuations in temperature. I tend to get some also if i pour much under 150. I would try pouring hotter. HTH!!!:rolleyes2

I pour at 150-160 and use Evo dyes and rarely get much frosting...at least not right away after initial set-up...I get a little later on if there are fluctuations in temperature. I tend to get some also if i pour much under 150. I would try pouring hotter. HTH!!!:rolleyes2

Thank you! I will be trying that this weekend!

jane