FO and age ?

Hi. I have a question about scents as I have some samples and larger bottles I have been thinking of selling on the classieds. Some are a week old and I just didn't like, while others are about a year old and some I'm not sure about though all are under 2 years. They have been stored in a cool basement in the dark and smell the same as when I received them. So, if they go "bad" do they just smell less or awful or? Wouldn't want to put anything that wasn't as described on sale. TIA. Beth

If they go bad, often times you will know it. Some lose their smell. Some might stink beyond what's on that label. Some might even start giving off floaties. I had an amber FO start granulating on the bottom of the bottle. I just chucked it as it was losing its strength anyway and was 11 years old lol.

Some oils may discolor too. I had one go from clear to yellow.

Since I'm having problems editing the above post, you shouldn't judge a scent OOB (out of bottle) but wait till you've tried it in wax. I have one that stinks to high heaven (like something died and was never found while it decayed) and in wax it really blossomed into a good smell.