fo mixed in well?

I thought it was mixed in well. I did a batch yesterday and the same thing happened. But I had put the color and the dye in at the same time so today I put the oil and stirred I didnt see it anymore so I thought I was fine.

Is there large pipettes I can get anywhere that can hold more then the regualr 3 ml ones?

Sometimes that happens when using a vanilla based or heavy fo. Some people heat those particular oils up before they add it to their wax. When I have a heavy fo I usually add it at a higher temperature and stir very well initially, then stop and restir several times during the pouring process. This way you won't end up with the last two or three tarts with all of the oil that didn't incorporate with the initial stir. Hope that makes sense.

I personally will not tolerate any FO that won't mix!! I have a few vanilla scents and a couple other heavy oils that I don't have a bit of a problem with mixing. A few years ago I used a vanilla that always left residue in the bottom of the pot no matter what you did.......since I've been using Vanilla Voodoo I have a killer vanilla that incorporates like a dream. I'm sorry, but with so many good oils out there, I'm not about to waste my time on a non-mixer, it just doesn't make sense!! :D

Well there are a couple of ways you can tell. One is that you can see the oil moving on the bottom if you tilt the pot around. It looks like a sunken oil slick. The second, if the FO is a clear liquid, is to lightly, and very lightly add some color to the wax and tilt it around if you suspect that sunken oil slick.

I personally will not tolerate any FO that won't mix!! I have a few vanilla scents and a couple other heavy oils that I don't have a bit of a problem with mixing. A few years ago I used a vanilla that always left residue in the bottom of the pot no matter what you did.......since I've been using Vanilla Voodoo I have a killer vanilla that incorporates like a dream. I'm sorry, but with so many good oils out there, I'm not about to waste my time on a non-mixer, it just doesn't make sense!! :D

Amen to that!

I'm new and wanted to know what an FO is. Thanks

Hi newbie & welcome.

FO is abbreviation for fragrance oil...simple really.

There's a link at the top of the general candle making page titled HELPFUL LINKS FOR NEWBIES or something like that. Take a look it's got loads of really helpful info including a list of abbreviations.

HTH

Have fun.

Sally.

Thanks to everyone for the help. I mostly buy from js but this time I got some fos from WSP because they had an amber sunset that I was looking everywhere for. More then likely it is because I am not stirring well enough. I will make some more today and see if that would be the problem. I have only made a few candles so far and trying to learn as I go. Thanks again for everyones help! This board has saved me a lot of trial and error so far.