My five year old just keeps amazing me!!

Michi

I swear this kid is going to become a soaper someday, he just keeps on amazing me with his knowledge and craftiness.

I wanted to put a little cinnamon into my Oatmeal soap I was doing (see post about grinding up oatmeal) just to make it a bit more brownish, and on the first batch I just sprinkled some into the melted M&P and it wouldn't mix very well, it just balled up and I had to try and smash it up against the sides of the pour pot and beat the heck out of it, and still it remained in little balls. :angry2:

So, here's my son, playing with the remaining dry ground oatmeal, and he all of the sudden says, "hey mommy, how bout if I sprinkle the cinnamon in the oatmeal, and mix it up?" DOING big lightbulb goes off in my head-"Yes, Spencer, do that, it'll make it mix in the soap sooo much better! You are sooo very smart my baby!!" :D AND, it worked beautifully. I think we could have put a bit more in, but I can't wait to see the difference in the two batches.

I just LOVE him, even if he does make me feel kind of stupid sometimes. LOL

Isn't he the coolest or what?

It is fun to have help in the kitchen..... sometimes.

Oh I knowwwww. :eek:

That's why I was sooo happy that I actually found something that he could do (the soap curls) that he was really productive with and that wouldn't make a big mess and is easy enough to clean up. ;)

Most of the time when he's "helping" me, he's actually making more work for me. :rolleyes2 KWIM?