Craft fair decorating theme

7Angela7

How do you decorate your booth at fairs?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How do you decorate your booth at fairs?

very simply.. i wanna showcase my product not the decorations..

my stuff has a "country" theme, so I will use a plain cream or beige table cloth(burlap if i have it) and use wooden crates to create shelving.. I also have wicker baskets and wicker platters for soaps and tarts etc... I usually have some brown paper shreds and raffia, sometimes a bit of greenery.. but thats all.. all the color comes from my products.

I've found that it is more cost effective (for me) to use one standard look for my tables.....I use black tablecloths and skirting and white table top accessories (crates, shelves, boxes, etc).....which makes the candles really "pop".... afterall its the candles I want seen first!!!!

getting the "right" setup can be quite EXPENSIVE - in fact if you started asking crafters about their setup - i bet 90% would say there is still room for improvement

if you start out this way it would be easy to add smaller portions of holiday themed fabric and paraphenalia and generally speaking most of candles will be holiday colored

regardless of what "theme" your booth is...if its eyecatching it will be well visited

I haven't done any shows yet with my candles, but when I was in the crafting business (20 years plus) I just used plain tables and put whatever color scheme that I wanted to cover them and kept it kind of plain. Wanted my products to stand out more than the setup. Worked out pretty good most of the time.:)

I have done the season theme but this year I think I will go with something more unique.Kinda tired of red or green for Christmas and yellow,orange or green for fall.May tone down a little.I would use it under my lace tableclothes but maybe try different colors or go with a total different look.Need to start shopping around.Three weeks to go.

During the summer and warm months I used a tan cotton fabric with was printed with Moose and Pine trees. During the fall and winter, I use red plaid on main table and Brugandy paisely on two 5 ft tables on the sides. I know it sounds slight odd but they actually work well together. The look is very straight forward and basic. I have a stuffed animal Polar Bear in one Corner of the front table and a Stuffed toy Grizzley Bear on the other corner and they each hold a candle between their paws.

Ploar Bear holds Amish Harvest and Grizzley holds Chocolate Browie!:)