Recipe book

pamperme

How do you all orgznize your recipes for B&B stuff?..mine are taking over..:D

I now have a 2" and 1 " binder full of them..I have to start organizing these incase this loan goes through... I am going to have to have everything right at my finger tips and quickly to save time in the shop..sooo this is what was

"in my pot for this weekend"

I re-typed/printed out my MAIN..use all the time ones..including bases..cause you have to keep notes on those also..like how much dye for each scent etc.. and put them in categories in the 1" binder.

Charts/Info

Soap

Salts/Fizzies

Face

Kids/Baby

Footcare

Bath/Bubble/Milk

Lotions/Oils

Scrubs

Powders/sprays/misc

Then I left a blank page behind each recipe for notes: so I can list..each FO and the amount of dye and Fo for each scent.

Then I took all my other recipes..the ones I want to keep but either have not used yet or whatever..and filed them the same way in the 2" binder.

WOW it is amazing how many I acumulated..and tried..wrote notes on and I have no idea what they mean.. :o I have to start keeping better notes..now that I have a page to do that on..I will.

Now I just need to go buy a crap load of those clear sheet protectors so I don't spill anything on my nice neat pages.:undecided

I now have a 2" and 1 " binder full of them..I have to start organizing these incase this loan goes through... I am going to have to have everything right at my finger tips and quickly to save time in the shop..sooo this is what was

I re-typed/printed out my MAIN..use all the time ones..including bases..cause you have to keep notes on those also..like how much dye for each scent etc.. and put them in categories in the 1" binder.

Charts/Info

Soap

Salts/Fizzies

Face

Kids/Baby

Footcare

Bath/Bubble/Milk

Lotions/Oils

Scrubs

Powders/sprays/misc

Then I left a blank page behind each recipe for notes: so I can list..each FO and the amount of dye and Fo for each scent.

Then I took all my other recipes..the ones I want to keep but either have not used yet or whatever..and filed them the same way in the 2" binder.

WOW it is amazing how many I acumulated..and tried..wrote notes on and I have no idea what they mean.. :o I have to start keeping better notes..now that I have a page to do that on..I will.

Now I just need to go buy a crap load of those clear sheet protectors so I don't spill anything on my nice neat pages.:undecided

If you do buy them get the Top-Loading,Heavyweight, Nonglare & Clear they are so much better than the lightweight.

Here they are at Office Depot http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=498831&Ntt=sheet%20protectors&uniqueSearchFlag=true&An=text

post-219-139458405767_thumb.jpg

I have a 3-ring binder notebook for my soap recipes. Then I have another for all my B&B recipes. I was just leafing through them the other day thinking it was time for a reorganization project! haha

My candle formulas and test notes go on index cards into a recipe book with clear slipcovers.

cool thanks for the heads up..we don't have an office depot..guess I will have to order online..and have them ship or deliver.:undecided

Wonder if office max has the same ones? gonna have to check that out

They should & even Wal-Mart, just make sure you get the heavyweight.

I had my recipes written down on post it notes, until I lost them. Now I have a 5 subject notebook that they are written in. I think I'm going to go with something a bit more solid though, like a three ring binder with the plastic covers to protect the pages.

Charts/Info

Soap

Salts/Fizzies

Face

Kids/Baby

Footcare

Bath/Bubble/Milk

Lotions/Oils

Scrubs

Powders/sprays/misc

Just wondering, Do you offer a course in organization? I wanna sign up! LOL :D