Rustic attempt

Brat

I read that IGI 4625 wasn't good for rustics, but I tried it anyway. The 3 here are from the same batch of wax. I just added more dye for the third. (I miscalculated the amount I needed, so had enough for a third one.) These were all poured at the same temp. The outside two were in my new seamless aluminum molds and they didn't get the rustic look. The one in the middle was with my cheap hobby lobby tin mold. Just from the looks of it, I'd say this wax can make a rustic if you use a cheap thin tin mold... lol

IMG_1548.jpg

Thanks!

They do look good.

The outer two, that were poured in a seamless mold, look like some of the rustic finish stuck in the mold.

The molds were pretty clean when I pulled them out, just a teeny tiny bit of stuff. Not nearly enough for it to cause the candle to be naked.

I wouldn't have called your thread "rustic attempts". It appears to me that you were successful on all 3. Even if the candles lost some of the rustic, it just adds a new dimension. :)

NattyCat, you can look on the veggie candle board section & see if it's possible to get a rustic out of soy wax.