Help Needed By Parasoy Users!!

Okay.. I have tested until I am about to cry! I need input from anyone willing to help. I have read the archives and searched past threads and have not found the answers I need. I currently use 75% paraffin with 25% soy. I use the 26 ounce Elevation Apothecary jar. I normally wick with 2 44-32-18 Zinc wicks for most of my f/o's. I have special ordered an oil that is kicking my butt! I love this oil, but I am finding that it is very heavy and is a pain in the butt to wick. My last wick size is 2 51-32-18's, and like all the other sizes it has gotten the puny wicks. I have tried HTP 105 and those suckers torched.. I would prefer to stick with the zincs, but I am wondering if anyone thinks that going up higher than the 51-32's is too large? Does anyone else have oils that give them this problem? I would be happy to send this oil to a couple of people that use similar jars and wax. I love this oil and I am DESPERATE!!! It is called Henri Bendel Vanilla Bean and it is very complex and AWESOME! Sorry.. I forgot to mention that I have poured about 10 testers with the fragrance load ranging from 1.2 to 1.5 ounces per pound. Sorry for rambling on.. it is very late.. maybe I need to test some more HTP's..smaller .. thanks for reading.. any thoughts would be appreciated!

You could try reducing the amount of FO more, maybe down to .8 oz/lb. A good FO can still throw quite well at that amount. If that doesn't work, you could try reducing the amount of or eliminating the soy, since soy can sometimes require hotter wicking than paraffin. Another option would be to use a smaller container.

I have a FO that just doesn't cooperate for me at all. I sort of gave up on it honestly, since my MIL is the only one who likes it.

I don't think I would want to wick that with 2 60z, but maybe try two HTP 104 and/or 126? I'm not terribly familiar with the HTP, but I would try more sizes of those wicks. Do you have any of the premier 700 series? They have a ton of sizes, so maybe with that series you could find something that works.

Thanks so much.. this sounds silly, but I was sitting in church this morning listening to the sermon ( okay.. kind of sidetracked a litte:o :o :o ) and was thinking the same.. I will pour a few more and reduce the oil to below and ounce per pound.. I hate to give up this oil... it is hands down the best f/o I have ever smelled! I do not have any Premiers on hand.. I will have to order some more HTP's and see if that works as well. As a last resort, I will use straight J223 if I have to! Thanks again for the input.. as I am testing and growing, I am happy to see that I am beginning to think like I might have an idea what I am doing!

Thanks so much.. this sounds silly, but I was sitting in church this morning listening to the sermon ( okay.. kind of sidetracked a litte:o :o :o ) and was thinking the same.. I will pour a few more and reduce the oil to below and ounce per pound.. I hate to give up this oil... it is hands down the best f/o I have ever smelled! I do not have any Premiers on hand.. I will have to order some more HTP's and see if that works as well. As a last resort, I will use straight J223 if I have to! Thanks again for the input.. as I am testing and growing, I am happy to see that I am beginning to think like I might have an idea what I am doing!

Order a free sample box of the Premier. It will take a few weeks to get to you, but they have a huge variety of sizes and I think you should be able to find something that works for you, if the HTP's don't work out. It's frustrating having that one FO that just won't behave, lol

Well, I just poured a straight J223 with this oil at .8 ounce per pound and I cannot believe how strong this oil is.. I have definitely been using way too much oil.. it is making me cough at this strength.. It was duped by IFT and they must have made it very strong. This is one of the few oils that has so many different complex notes in it that depending on the strength you use, it smells so different, yet, better when I use less! If this works, I will add the soy back in later on! I will post when I get to burn this baby!

Thanks so very much!

Teri