Couple of Questions

The thing with soap is that the longer you let it cure, teh better it is. The bubbles, lather, everything gets better with age (ok, maybe not everything, some fragrances die out.)

Letting soap age for 3-6 weeks just lets it dry it more and get rid of the water used to make it. Most of the time soap that has went through a good gel is ready to use within days for yourself or fam, but if you are planning on selling it, definitely give it the 3 weeks at the least. Hot process soap is ready to use as soon as it sets, but it too could use time to get nice and hard.

My fave to make is my whipped bath butter and my whipped body butter. I also love making batches of cp soap.

Yes, CP soap really does need a good cure time to be its best. Sure, you can drink new wine and eat unripe fine cheeses. But age improves some things, and true connosieurs will know the difference. :)

My favorite handmade b&b items to buy are scrubs and lotions. If I didn't make CP soap, that would also be in my list of favorites to buy.

HTH

Lotion bars and lip balm. Easy to make, limited investment required (not many ingredients!) and appreciated by all!

That's where I started. Now I add scrubs, balms for cracked heels (still working on that one), whipped shea (still working that too), and soaps.

I've just started soaps what, a month ago? I can tell you that mine are def. improving as they age (and as I weed out and discard the failures LOL). The biggest issue I have with soaps is that I now have scraps of every single batch festooning all my counters by the sinks so I can keep trying them as they age, and that's a bit messy to say the least!

Buy? Don't buy any really, but love to buy candles! (or trade, hint hint).