Lotions etc..

I am BRAND new to this line of product. I am thinking of branching out. My candle supplier also handles lotion bases, dyes, etc. Can someone tell me THE BASICS of just (for example) lotion. How do you mix the color in, scent in, etc... Once it's mixed how do you get it in the small containers?:D

Thanks

Lisa

I am BRAND new to this line of product. I am thinking of branching out. My candle supplier also handles lotion bases, dyes, etc. Can someone tell me THE BASICS of just (for example) lotion. How do you mix the color in, scent in, etc... Once it's mixed how do you get it in the small containers?:D

Thanks

Lisa

I put my base, color and FO in a ziplock baggie and seal it, squish it around and then cut off a corner to pipe it into the containers. Then I run the bag against the edge of the counter to get it all out. Quick, easy and not much waste or cleanup! HTH!

I pour my base in a glass measuring cup, color, scent. Then I mix thoroughly with a whisk and use a funnel to the bottles. I recently bought some body glaze base that is just too thick to use in bottles, so I package that in the jars.

It's a goat milk base I got from KY. It is wonderful. Was recommended to me from this board. Got a gallon and my sister and I have been indulging like crazy with it scented in creme brulee from CS. I did manage to get it into 1 oz sample bottles, but it took forever with my tiny funnel. Same with the 4 oz bottles with a larger funnel. That's why I switched to the jars.

It's a goat milk base I got from KY. It is wonderful. Was recommended to me from this board. Got a gallon and my sister and I have been indulging like crazy with it scented in creme brulee from CS. I did manage to get it into 1 oz sample bottles, but it took forever with my tiny funnel. Same with the 4 oz bottles with a larger funnel. That's why I switched to the jars.

Try the zip lock bag method as mentioned above.

Works great but I find you need two people to use the bag method. One to squeeze the product into the bottle and one to hold and tap the bottle.

With just one person I find the bag method to be messy.