I love Big Lots!

k&g

Went to Big Lots today and noticed they are starting to put out their Fall items :yay: - nothing for candles yet though ... BUT ... I took a gander over by the glassware and found these wonderful ceramic take out boxes! Poured one today and am burning it now - seems as though I might need 3 or 4 wicks because of the large top. Anyway - thought I'd share. Bought for $3.00 - should be able to sell for $20! It holds about 2lbs of soy! They had 18 on the shelf and I'm seriously thinking of going back and grabbing them all! There are about 3 different sayings ...happiness, dreams, peaceful ...

The tin is something I've been having and just decided to fill w/soy also ...

Lori

post-3938-139458405722_thumb.jpg

post-3938-139458405725_thumb.jpg

Have you wicked these yet or done a test burn? I would love to hear your results on them. I'm going to have to make a trip to Big Lots Monday lol

I started with 2 wicks last night on the red take out box and could tell it wasn't going to work. Pulled everything out, remelted and poured w/3 wicks. Have been doing a marathon burn today and it seems 3 wicks will do just fine. Will keep you posted.

I should have been clearer and stated I did not get the tin holder from Big Lots - it came from sunburst.com a couple of years ago! Now I see they don't carry them anymore! Figures!!

Lori

What size wicks are you using for it? Dang I really liked those tins lol

The wicks in the red container are 48-28-18 C from earlyamericancandlesupplies.com.

I decided to go back to Big Lots yesterday evening and get the rest of the containers cause I figured if the test burn didn't work I could always return them and I just knew if I didn't go back someone would buy them ... well 2 were already gone so I grabbed all the rest - 15 in all! I'm torn as to whether to go to the other store about 30 minutes away and see if they have them also. I really think I can sell most of them at the party I'm hosting in September which is going to be an early Holiday party w/gifts for Christmas and such.

I liked those tin containers also - and it's my own fault I waited so long to try them. I first poured straight parrifin and it got so hot it was dangerous. I put the box on the shelf and never opened it when I started using soy and just thought about trying it again when I was rearranging 'the room'!

Went to Big Lots today and noticed they are starting to put out their Fall items :yay: - nothing for candles yet though ... BUT ... I took a gander over by the glassware and found these wonderful ceramic take out boxes! Poured one today and am burning it now - seems as though I might need 3 or 4 wicks because of the large top. Anyway - thought I'd share. Bought for $3.00 - should be able to sell for $20! It holds about 2lbs of soy! They had 18 on the shelf and I'm seriously thinking of going back and grabbing them all! There are about 3 different sayings ...happiness, dreams, peaceful ...

The tin is something I've been having and just decided to fill w/soy also ...

Lori

Something you said tipped me off as to where you are, then I looked up and saw Bayouland.... what part? I'm in Bayouland also!

Cute containers!

I use to love Big Lots until my son saw a huge rat in there and thought it was a cat. It practically came right up to him. When I told the people up front, they were like, "Oh that's nothing, you should see the snakes we get back there." I won't go back! Nice containers though!

Nice containers! I'm a big lots kinda girl as well:D I found some pretty little apothecary jars:D with spoons attached and like you, bought as many as they had they were .99 cents and I thought they would be really nice in a gift basket. Yep. love big lots!