Phone Question--Business or Off Topic??

Alajane

I'm putting this in the business section because that's what I need it for, but it might need to be moved!!

I get so frustrated when I'm working on candles and get a phone call and have to stop what I'm doing! I know someone with a home-based candy-making business who mentioned one time that she didn't know what she would do without her phone headset. I can't get in touch with her right now, so I'm asking if any of you have a headset for your phone?

What do I need to look for? Can I buy a headset to use with my existing phone (I've only had it for about a month) or do I have to get a certain phone that comes with the headset? Where should I start looking?

TIA for any help.

Jane

Our cordless phone has a place to plug in a headset. If yours is only a month old, you've probably got one too. I think you probably clip the phone onto a pocket or something. Look for the attachment thing on your phone; if you have one, I'm sure you can buy the headset just about anywhere. HTH!

I'm too stupid to remember where I was in the process AND answer the phone. ("Ummmm, let's see, did I add 1 tsp. of UV inhibitor, or was that 1 TBL.??") So I have my secretary (dd!) take a message and get right back to them. Otherwise, I'll get deeply engrossed in taking an order, only to scorch the wax, screw up the temp, forget to wick the jars, etc. :laugh2:

It seems that whenever I use a speakerphone, the person I'm talking with has problems hearing me--I guess I keep turning away from the phone!

And AJ, I agree--I would definitely have problems with mixing, but I could at least finish pouring what was already mixed or do wicking or labeling and not have the phone time completely wasted!

Deana, I'm going to check Wal-Mart, Target, and Best Buy tonight!

Thanks, guys, for the help--I didn't know if it was something that would be difficult to find, but hopefully not!

Jane

I use a headset with my phone and can't imagine ever having to hold a phone up to my ear again. I love it!! The headsets are pretty easy to find. Office Max & Circuit City have them. I'm always doing other things while talking on the phone (I get bored easily:smiley2:) so the headsets really work out well.

I use a bluetooth enabled phone and a cordless headset.

It goes on one ear and has volume adjustments and a button to click to answer or hang up.

My regular phone lines (home and office) are through the cable lines. I have an option to "follow me" I put it on all my phones, including my cell, so when a phone rings, it rings everywhere.

So when I am pouring or whatever I just use my jabar ear-thing and can use wireless one finger buttons.

It is much clearer than a headset and people tell me they can't tell.

I have a wireless headset (Jabra/bluetooth)for my cell/business line and a wire headset for my home phone. If my home phone rings when I'm working on something and have my hands full, I just let it go to voicemail. If my cell phone rings durring my business hours, I tap the button on my headset and I'm chattin'! But if it's not durring business hours (that's usually when I pour soap) I let it go to voicemail where it says I'm busy and can't come to the phone... Don't be afraid to let phone calls to voicemail or your answering machine! Don't ruin a batch of lip balm or candles to answer a phone to take a survey or beat a solicitor off!! If it's really important they will leave a message or call back in a few minutes. If you have caller ID you can call them back in the few minutes it takes to finish measuring something out or take something out of the microwave. Just tell them that you were with another customer or away from your phone for a moment - most people will understand, especially if you call them within 5 minutes!

Life & Light!

Tish

I got a headset yesterday and had an opportunity to try it out almost immediately--my long-winded SIL called while I was cooking dinner and talked the entire time. The sound was great and she didn't notice I was usiny anything different, so it must have sounded OK to her, too. Unfortunately, I accidentally cut her off one time and muted it a couple of other times, so I'm just going to have to figure out what I did--I think I bumped the phone that was clipped to my waist when bending over to load the dishwasher.

I totally agree about not being able to talk while I'm mixing and measuring, but it would be no problem when I'm pouring, wicking, tabbing wicks, etc.