Sandalwood

LoriBeth

Just wondering if you guys had an opinion on the best sandalwood. I don't like it myself so I don't think I'm a great judge. It's always a big seller with men. I've gotten from a couple of places, but I would like to know if anyone had rave reviews for a good sandalwood. TIA:grin2:

Cybilla's Indian Sandalwood (sold at Bramble Berry now) is the strongest, best FO I've found outside of the EO!! You can get away with 1/2 oz./lb for a wonderful throw. Mix that with some of SW's Belgian Chocolate in soap, candles or lotion and OMG have you got a great, sexy scent!!! :D

I have used both Keystone (sandalwood) and Peaks(Asian Sandalwood)..and both of them smell different.. I think I like the Peaks better but I have used and sold alot of the Keystone brand.

Chocolate and Sandalwood???? Never would have thought it..now I have to go home and try it out..:D

I tried the JS sandalwwod...and in my opinion it was just average in scent throw...I've tried other sandalwoods that will knock your sox off...But then again it up to preference...do you like a moderate throw or knock your sox off??

Cybilla's Indian Sandalwood (sold at Bramble Berry now) is the strongest, best FO I've found outside of the EO!! You can get away with 1/2 oz./lb for a wonderful throw. Mix that with some of SW's Belgian Chocolate in soap, candles or lotion and OMG have you got a great, sexy scent!!! :D

I just got a bottle of this yesterday and it is wonderful by itself and great as a mixer.... in M&P soaps, that is. Haven't had time to get it into wax yet:)

the stronger the better euroman, it would only be in candles not b&b. it is a scent that I personally don't like. I want to try peak's asian sandalwood, but I don't know how different it is from regular sandalwood, and I've met my limit for samples this week so I have to wait a little bit before I order more.:tongue2:

I just poured a sample of Cierra's sandalwood yesterday as a matter of fact, and it was soooooo strong, I had to add more wax to my batch just to get it under control. ;)

Today it's smelling really yummy, and I'm hoping it's pretty dead on to the EO cuz my best friend ONLY wears Sandalwood EO's (for over 25 years) and therefore she has the true nose for it.

I'm giving her these candles this weekend, so I can let you know next week what her expert opinion is on it. :)

I do have to say I have some really really REALLY expensive sandalwood EO that smells absolutely delish, but the FO I have doesn't smell exactly like that.

I'm putting this EO in some body products for my friend, and all I have to say is she better appreciate it, cuz I'll probably not be able to afford to buy this stuff on a reg. basis. :eek:

Sandalwood eos can differ in smell (or have different nuances I should say...of course they all smell like sandalwood :smiley2: )...I have the Sandalwood Blend from EOU and it's my favorite sandalwood eo. SC Sandalwood smells just like it (to my nose) but I've only used in soap and leave-on products...not candles.

Jen