I am so pissed off right now

Hi,

Well I always hate to hear things like that. Maybe several of the members of this board could email them and let them know, how bad their customer service is and that they need to make it right. In a business class of mine years ago they always said if a company does a good thing a person tells an average of 1-2 people, but if they treat someone bad or like what they did to you an average of 10, I know atleast 10 and then some have read this, and they have probably lost potential customers for this, I know that I would not order after reading this post. Just a thought.

Valerie

Why hold a supplier responsible when you don't know who made the mistake? All we have is one side of the story and we haven't seen any paperwork supporting what we've read. We really don't know where the mistake originated. Most credit card companies will honor a charge with a wrong address. The address could be correct in Sweet Cakes' data base but could be shown incorrectly on the confirmation email. Was the confirmation email checked for errors?

Why hold UPS responsible? They merely go by the address on the shipping label.

It's ridiculous to suggest an email campaign to Sweet Cakes. Just because something is posted here by an upset customer doesn't mean we have all the facts. I doubt Sweet Cakes will miss all the business you guys have never given them anyway. Bombarding a company with email because of a one-sided story on a forum is so unprofessional.

If they have a UPS Worldship system in their warehouse, then it's quite possible that all the information was correct on the invoice, but wrong in the Worldship database due to human error. Happens all the time where I work. We send the invoices out to the warehouse, the address is typed in wrong when processing it on the UPS/FedEx machine, and then the (wrong) address is automatically saved in the system. Next time you go to ship to that address, you simply type in the first three letters of the persons name and city, and it automatically fills in the rest of the information. Someone has to physically change the information in the database or it will continue happening.

Why hold a supplier responsible when you don't know who made the mistake? All we have is one side of the story and we haven't seen any paperwork supporting what we've read. We really don't know where the mistake originated. Most credit card companies will honor a charge with a wrong address. The address could be correct in Sweet Cakes' data base but could be shown incorrectly on the confirmation email. Was the confirmation email checked for errors?

It's ridiculous to suggest an email campaign to Sweet Cakes. Just because something is posted here by an upset customer doesn't mean we have all the facts. I doubt Sweet Cakes will miss all the business you guys have never given them anyway. Bombarding a company with email because of a one-sided story on a forum is so unprofessional.

Hate to call you out and normally I would not even care, but do you work for SC because you seem to be so defensive? And seem to keep taking it personally for some reason. And how do you know people here don't give them business? I would not come in here and share some twisted side of a story. I am a customer who has been done wrong and no better place to voice it than a forum that deals with these kinds of issues each day, with people who make the same kinds of products that I do and feel the stress of not getting your items when promised. People who have customers waiting for items that have had to be refunded because of this ordeal.

It does not matter who gets the blame. That is not the issue. What matters is the way it was resolved. Very poorly.

The cold hardcore facts remain that I called UPS on several occasions and I was told that my address had been fixed, and it never was. So UPS does get most of the blame for poor customer service and not doing their jobs and telling me that they fixed a problem that was never fixed.

I have had items delivered before where if I could not be home to would have them redirect it to wherever I was and they would deliver it to me there. The only company that does not do this is USPS, but Fedex, DHL, UPS all have the ability to redirect a package to any address you tell them.

That being said, even if they had only "rescheduled a delivery to a different address" as the supervisor kept telling me they did, I would have still gotten my boxes. But no one did anything, there are no notes saying I fix my address, nothing. So I get the blame for that? Of course not!

Who knows what SC was thinking when they shipped, I was not there. But its obvious that someone did not put the correct label on my boxes, so of course I have to hold them accountable for some of this. UPS is not the one who printed the labels. I know is that in my account my address is correct, in my confirmation email my address is correct, and my credit card would have never processed if my address was incorrect, they would have called me to get a correct address so they could run my card. I am not new to ordering online, I know the process. This is the first company and first time this has ever happened to me.

A simple apology and good customer service would have been wonderful, I run a business and I know that. Even if something is not my fault, I always apologize and try to fix the problem. No one is perfect, if you make a mistake, big deal. But giving your customers attitude is not the way to go, because it will soon make them not deal with you again.

Moral of the story:

1. SC put the wrong address on the boxes, simple mistake of Street instead of Avenue.

2. UPS did not change my address after repeated attempts by yours truly to do so.

3. I am out $20 on shipping, charges that should be refunded to SC by UPS and then to me, plus another $10.39 to print 2 new labels and mail them to SC so they can ship my small items in 2 seperate packages because they can't be bothered to ship all of the items into one box and help me out, or they will charge me to pack them up.

All this just equals very POOR customer service from 2 companies that I used to hold very high on my list.

I have Amazing Grace coming on Monday from SaveonScents. I've never bought from them and have read conflicting reviews. However, most of the reviews said their dupes are good. I wear AG exclusively and have bought everything in AG that Philosophy makes for over 3 years. I know you're ready to order right now, but by Mon afternoon I can tell you how good the AG from SOS is.

I bought the entire Philosophy line from SOS earlier in the year and they said they were trying to perfect them. I hope this dupe you are getting will be wonderful:D I like SOS's items, and their customer service is wonderful.

How did the wrong address get on the UPS label? The story seems to be that Sweetcakes retyped the address and did it wrong, and now they want to charge the customer for their error. It's a little hard to believe.

A snip from the emails I got from SC:

Unfortunately, your package left Florida on the 18th -- and I don't think there is anything I will be able to do at this point to get it redirected to you. But I will give them a call.

Just so that you're aware, I am sorry to have to tell you that there are fees involved with a redirection of a packatge as well as a reshipping fee ;(

Best Regards,

Jenni Scott

Customer Service

Sweet Cakes Soapmaking Supplies

"Once the package gets back to us, I can have it reshipped back to you -- but we qwill have to charge you a repackaging fee, and a reshipping fee -- we will not be able to use the box again, UPS will not allow us to ship the package again gratis, so we must pass along the fee to you.

Please reply back to this email letting me know you agree to these fees."

But how do you really feel?

Wanted to add my tracking numbers so you can see the address messages, since someone seems to think I am making this all up:

1Z9Y68250342945661 (notice that for this one it even says that there was a delivery change request, which was never processed.)

1Z9Y68250340098278

Like I said before, normally I really don't care what goes on in forums, I own a very busy forum and I know about trolls and people who have a lot of time on their hands. Anyway, out of curiousity I clicked on your name Sliver and 95% of all your posts are rude and mean, you just hop into threads just to chew the person out and post rude little comments. You have even went as far as practically calling some people stupid idiots, telling them their websites are crappy, they are false advertising, etc. This is the net, and just because we don't know you personally and will probably never meet you does not mean you have to treat people like crap with your undermining comments. You have a right to share your opinion, but treat people the same way you would like to be treated.

We are all here to help each other out, and learn from each other, share ideas and such. Not put people down and verbally attack them.

No need to overreact if not everyone jumps on the bandwagon. There's a fair question here. Evidently SC doesn't consider itself responsible for the wrong address being on the label and whatever else caused the delivery problems. I can't really come to any conclusion without knowing what their position is on that. You must know, after having communicated with them to solve the problem.

Must be some damn good oils to spend that kind of money on them. Frankly they're too pricey for my likes -- $88 for a lb of Angel type and the cost reduction is $64? :confused: Granted there are more affordable scents, but think I'll pass on trying that company.

As for the service, I would think they would do better to correct a mistake that wasn't the customers.

On another note, yeah these forums are great for airing, but at the same time, don't get in such a tizzy over other people who might not agree with you. That's almost like saying don't post to this if you don't agree with my standpoint.

As for finding dupes, I've seen the Honey by Jo Malone before (I think, but can't remember where. Think it must have been something else, because I can't find it in my searches) and Amazing Grace is at the Scent Works. Haven't seen the other you were looking for. Still looking.

I am a GOOD Sweetcakes customer and have never had any major problems in the 7 years I've been buying from them. The couple small glitches I had were handled promptly and professionally.

Also, Sweetcakes isn't the only supplier that if you forgot something in an order and have to order again will not combine the shipments.......standard practice for several. I cannot imagine the problems that could arise if everyone who forgot something expected the company to go back, find your order, add something else, rebox for the bigger order and combine the totals with shipping then let you know the difference in cost........just is not gonna happen and I don't blame them!!

I also find it uncalled for to email a company you don't order from just to vent for someone else. Unless you buy from them and have a problem yourself you should IMHO butt out!! :D

I am a GOOD Sweetcakes customer and have never had any major problems in the 7 years I've been buying from them. The couple small glitches I had were handled promptly and professionally.

Also, Sweetcakes isn't the only supplier that if you forgot something in an order and have to order again will not combine the shipments.......standard practice for several. I cannot imagine the problems that could arise if everyone who forgot something expected the company to go back, find your order, add something else, rebox for the bigger order and combine the totals with shipping then let you know the difference in cost........just is not gonna happen and I don't blame them!!

I also find it uncalled for to email a company you don't order from just to vent for someone else. Unless you buy from them and have a problem yourself you should IMHO butt out!! :D

Actually, I ordered twice, 4 days apart, never expected them to combine my orders or anything. I have never asked that of any company. Paid 2 seperate shipping charges, no problem with that.

What I asked them was if they could box up both of my boxes that are being returned to them that I have already paid over $20 to have shipped into one box since I have to print and mail them a label so they can ship USPS, and the items weigh less than 2.5 pounds total. UPS should be refunding them for the labels IMO since they never did the right thing with changing the address error.

Sorry, Did not mean to upset anyone by saying we should email them to make it right. But I also own a business and when every a mistake is made reguardless of who made it, it is just good customer service to fix it, that's all I was trying to say.

Valerie

Wanted to add my tracking numbers so you can see the address messages, since someone seems to think I am making this all up:

1Z9Y68250342945661 (notice that for this one it even says that there was a delivery change request, which was never processed.)

1Z9Y68250340098278

Like I said before, normally I really don't care what goes on in forums, I own a very busy forum and I know about trolls and people who have a lot of time on their hands. Anyway, out of curiousity I clicked on your name Sliver and 95% of all your posts are rude and mean, you just hop into threads just to chew the person out and post rude little comments. You have even went as far as practically calling some people stupid idiots, telling them their websites are crappy, they are false advertising, etc. This is the net, and just because we don't know you personally and will probably never meet you does not mean you have to treat people like crap with your undermining comments. You have a right to share your opinion, but treat people the same way you would like to be treated.

We are all here to help each other out, and learn from each other, share ideas and such. Not put people down and verbally attack them.

Actually, Sliver's questions and response to you are logical and straight forward. Why are you jumping all over her? It IS ridiculous to suggest an email campaign to a company for the benefit of someone just because that someone is upset with them. I realize that you are frustrated, and I would be too, however, I do not disagree with Sweet Cake's policy. It's frustrating, yes, but not in the least unreasonable.

Hi,

Well I always hate to hear things like that. Maybe several of the members of this board could email them and let them know, how bad their customer service is and that they need to make it right. In a business class of mine years ago they always said if a company does a good thing a person tells an average of 1-2 people, but if they treat someone bad or like what they did to you an average of 10, I know atleast 10 and then some have read this, and they have probably lost potential customers for this, I know that I would not order after reading this post. Just a thought.

Valerie

It was not the candlespasotore that suggested the email thing. I beleive that she did just come here to vent about a situation that went on. I see people doing that all the time. I also agree that everyone has a right to their own opinion. That has been discussed frequently also. So with that said I think all peoples opinions should be taken with a grain of salt. Heather:)

I just spent a wonderful evening with my two little kids and I really miss having that fun time with them with all the dramas of life. The internet does give you an advantage over real life, you can brush things off your shoulders very easily and ignore the meaningless aspects of it.

I definitely do not want the company bombarded with emails or rioted, lol, nor did I ever suggest it, as Callaway mentioned above. But thanks for the suggestion, and thank you to all who shared similar experiences with resolutions as well. I think that one experience shared can help thousands, and I just wanted to share mine. I definitely did not want everyone to agree with me or take my side, I wanted help with my dilemma and to vent out my pain, my agony at not having my Amazing Grace and other items to sniff and soap this weekend. Hopefully the company did realize my frustration in the matter and this kind of thing can be avoided in the future, not only for me, but for any and all.

I'll let you know how the reshipping process goes:D

Edited because I can't seem to type right tonight...

Hi,

You are entitled to request for refund for UPS late delivery. The following might help you.

"

In the event UPS fails to attempt delivery within the time published on the UPS website, or as provided when 1-800-PICK-UPS is called, UPS, at its option, will either credit or refund the transportation charges for each such package to the payer only, upon request, subject to the following conditions. This is the sole remedy available under the UPS Service Guarantee.

(a) UPS’s guaranteed delivery schedule has been obtained by referencing UPS’s website or contacting a UPS Customer Service office. "On-time" means, subject to the terms of this UPS Service Guarantee, delivery is attempted within the UPS guaranteed delivery schedule.

(B) Each package is properly recorded on a UPS source document or in a UPS automated shipping system.

© Each package in a shipment bears the appropriate UPS tracking label and an address label, or a combined label generated by a UPS automated shipping system, showing the consignee’s correct name, deliverable address (UPS does not provide delivery to a P.O. box) and ZIP Code (or postal code for international shipments). In addition, UPS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse to honor a request for a credit or refund of transportation charges for a package when that package is not accompanied by a smart label and timely Package Level Detail (PLD) information, as defined in the UPS Tariff, at the time the package is tendered to UPS.

(d) Each UPS 2nd Day Air A.M. package is addressed to a commercial, not residential, address.

A residential delivery is defined as provided in the UPS Tariff and in this service guide.

(e) Each package in a shipment bears a UPS Saturday Delivery routing label when optional Saturday service is requested and available.

(f) Each package in a shipment is tendered to UPS during UPS’s published business hours.

Packages received from or destined to certain locations may require earlier pick up times (available at the UPS website) to meet delivery time commitments.

(g) UPS is notified in writing or by telephone of a service failure within fifteen (15) calendar days from the date of scheduled delivery and is advised of the consignee’s name and address, date of shipment, package weight and UPS tracking number.

Good Luck,

Batana

I just spent a wonderful evening with my two little kids and I really miss having that fun time with them with all the dramas of life. The internet does give you an advantage over real life, you can brush things off your shoulders very easily and ignore the meaningless aspects of it.

I definitely do not want the company bombarded with emails or rioted, lol, nor did I ever suggest it, as Callaway mentioned above. But thanks for the suggestion, and thank you to all who shared similar experiences with resolutions as well. I think that one experience shared can help thousands, and I just wanted to share mine. I definitely did not want everyone to agree with me or take my side, I wanted help with my dilemma and to vent out my pain, my agony at not having my Amazing Grace and other items to sniff and soap this weekend. Hopefully the company did realize my frustration in the matter and this kind of thing can be avoided in the future, not only for me, but for any and all.

If there is an apology in there somewhere for calling me a rude, mean troll, and for making the strange assumption about me working for SC, and for accusing me of PRACTICALLY (You have even went (should be "gone") as far as practically calling some people stupid idiots, telling them their websites are crappy, they are false advertising, etc.) doing whatever you think I've done, well, I accept your apology.

So let's be friends. OK?

I'm also looking for Honey by Jo Malone. I'll let you know if I find it.

Hi,

You are entitled to request for refund for UPS late delivery. The following might help you.

"

In the event UPS fails to attempt delivery within the time published on the UPS website, or as provided when 1-800-PICK-UPS is called, UPS, at its option, will either credit or refund the transportation charges for each such package to the payer only, upon request, subject to the following conditions. This is the sole remedy available under the UPS Service Guarantee.

(a) UPS’s guaranteed delivery schedule has been obtained by referencing UPS’s website or contacting a UPS Customer Service office. "On-time" means, subject to the terms of this UPS Service Guarantee, delivery is attempted within the UPS guaranteed delivery schedule.

(B) Each package is properly recorded on a UPS source document or in a UPS automated shipping system.

© Each package in a shipment bears the appropriate UPS tracking label and an address label, or a combined label generated by a UPS automated shipping system, showing the consignee’s correct name, deliverable address (UPS does not provide delivery to a P.O. box) and ZIP Code (or postal code for international shipments). In addition, UPS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse to honor a request for a credit or refund of transportation charges for a package when that package is not accompanied by a smart label and timely Package Level Detail (PLD) information, as defined in the UPS Tariff, at the time the package is tendered to UPS.

(d) Each UPS 2nd Day Air A.M. package is addressed to a commercial, not residential, address.

A residential delivery is defined as provided in the UPS Tariff and in this service guide.

(e) Each package in a shipment bears a UPS Saturday Delivery routing label when optional Saturday service is requested and available.

(f) Each package in a shipment is tendered to UPS during UPS’s published business hours.

Packages received from or destined to certain locations may require earlier pick up times (available at the UPS website) to meet delivery time commitments.

(g) UPS is notified in writing or by telephone of a service failure within fifteen (15) calendar days from the date of scheduled delivery and is advised of the consignee’s name and address, date of shipment, package weight and UPS tracking number.

Good Luck,

Batana

Batana, that is a great wealth of information. I am going to call them tomorrow and read some of this off to them and hopefully get a refund for both boxes. Thank you very much for posting this!

Just an FYI: the company/person that gets the refund will be the shipper.

Also, the company/person that shipped the package has to call before they do any type of refund. I have called UPS more than once about issues with packages I have shipped, and they were quick to resolve the issue. They usually credit back shipping charges within two business days if it was their error on making a delivery.