I am so pissed off right now

I placed 2 orders within 4 days with Sweet Cakes. I went to track my packages but noticed that UPS claimed they had the wrong address for my location (mind you they have shipped things to me here before.) So, one Thursday the 13th I called them and I edited my address (someone had put Street on my package instead of Avenue.) I was told that my address had been fixed and to expect my deliveries the next day. Next day rolls around and no deliveries. I called again, was told that my address had not been edited in any way. I again edited my address, and I was told that since I called after 7 they could not deliver the next business day, that they would deliver it on Tuesday of this week.

Tuesday comes around and still no package. Mind you, I work all day long, and came back home early just to wait for this delivery. It never came. Called UPS again and I was told once again that no one edited my address to reflect Ave instead of St, and that she was fixing it. That my items would be shipped on Thursday. Well, you guessed it, yesterday no package, I go to track my packages and they are both rerouted back to Sweet Cakes and they wont get them till the 24th, at which time they have to reship them back to me (I have already been waiting on these boxes since the 4th and the 8th, paid almost $9 to ship one, and another $10 to have the other shipped.) I called Sweet Cakes, got a voicemail. So I wrote them an email and asked them to call. I was told that they cannot redirect the packages back to me, and not only would I have to pay for shipping both boxes all over again, they were going to charge me a repackaging fee as well. To repackage what? The boxes were already packaged, they just have to change the label!

So I am pretty much out $40 all on shipping things that don't even weigh 2 pounds. I asked if I could print my own label and email it to them, call USPS and have them come and pick up my boxes at their location. Because that way my box will only cost me an additional $5 to get to me, and it sure as heck will get here faster than UPS ground. Do you think that is fair? $40 can get me 2 new bottles of fragrance, 4 pounds of fragrance at some companies. And since this is not my fault, why can't UPS issue Sweet Cakes a refund for shipments that they kept messing up so that no one is out of any additional money. They never made any deliveries, and had poor customer service where quite a few people were not doign their jobs and telling me lies abotu changing my address. I have no idea what to to:mad:

Added July 25th:

Talked to SC today and everyone has been much more helpful regarding the matter. The person I spoke with last week was very nice today, and we are working on resending the order now.

I think I would get on the phone with UPS and raise a little hell. They themselves can send out the reship labels and ship them to you at their expense OR reroute them back to you since they screwed up so many times. OR they can refund you your money for shipping (problem there is they would refund the company that you ordered from and not directly to you)..........most companies won't mess with this and just pass it on to the customer when in all actuality it is the company that should be handling this mess for you....which is unfortunate that they act like it is your problem not theirs. But I would definately go directly to UPS and if they say they can't help you ask for their supervisor....and keeping asking for someone higher up till you get them to straighten out their screw up. I work with UPS everyday and sometimes you just have to be really persistant with them.

Thanks for your input. I have been raising hell! Yesterday I spoke with a supervisor at UPS and I did not even get an apology, she was like a mute over the phone, as if I was speaking in tongue. I am so upset, and they claim since it has already been sent back to sender, there is nothing they can do. I have to wait for the sender to send back to me, who wants to charge me even more because they have to "repackage".:cry2:

Seems to me like it was the shippers fault for not putting the correct address on the package. If SC is at fault for not putting down the right address, then by all means raise hell with them too. You should not have to pay to get those packages to you. And a re-packaging fee? That's absurd. They aren't repackaging anything. Printing a lable doesn't cost that much money and what they will gain in customer service far outweighs any cost they may incur. Sorry you're getting the crappy end of this deal. Hope it gets worked out in your favor. :undecided

I placed an order a couple of months ago with BCS. I ended up phoning them because I had a couple of questions about stuff. They asked me then to verify my address. I did and was told they were glad that they double checked because they have a customer with the same name in NC. I thought the order was finalized. After a few days, I started checking on shipment and found that my paypal payment had never been delivered. So I called them to ask what was up. I was told that I would have to pay a restocking fee because THEY had the wrong info. It wasn't a huge fee, but I was kinda pissed because I felt it was their fault. I went ahead and paid it because I needed the items and that was they only place at that time that I could get them and I was in a hurry. Just didn't have time to search anymore. However, I will have to be desperate to order from them again.

I would definetly be raising hell with both sides. Seems more of Sweet Cakes fault. Are you a loyal customer with them? If so, let them know that you won't be shopping with them anymore if that is what you decide because of how they are treating you as a customer. F- them.. !!!

UPS or Sweetcakes should definitley give a refund! That is just poor customer service.:mad:

Fedex has not been any better lately! I sent a package of candles to a friend and when we went to check the tracking the other day it said all kinds of crazy stuff! One line said it was rerouted to the correct address the next said it was delivered and the next said it was returned to sender! When I called there were two explanations....one said that no one by that name lived at that address and one said that it was refused because it was broken. Neither were true because I double checked the address with Fedex and it was correct and my friend never saw the package! It will be back here today and they better not have broken them! :mad:

Is it a full moon?????:shocked2:

You need to verify your address with Sweet Cakes to make sure it is correct. I know when I deliver packages thru UPS they always look up the address to make sure it is a legit address if not they always let me know. So I end up having to call the customer to verify the address, just to make sure. If you entered your address correctly when placing your order than Sweet Cakes would be liable. That is a tough one! Sorry that happened to you.....:(

Are you suggesting that since UPS has shipped to you before they should automatically take notice of an incorrect address and fix it? That's hardly their responsibility. It's their job to deliver, not pick up after everybody.

Of course that is not what I am suggesting, that would be silly for me to think that. But I do have the same UPS guy deliver to me, on 4 different occasions now since we have been here. He even calls me by name. So they still know my name in the system. And my addresses should already be there. Of coruse I did not expect them to just "know" that my address was wrong and fix it themselves because they are psychic like that:confused: . My beef is that I called 4 times to have my address fixed and no one did it. My beef is that now I have to pay double and then some because of someone's error.

I checked my SC account and my address is correct there. My credit card would not have even gone through if they had the incorrect address for me, it would have denied.

I can't say that I am a "loyal" customer but they do have some fragrances that I like, and even though some of the prices are kind of high compared to other companies, I order because some of those fragrances you can't find anywhere else. I would love to continue to do business with them, if something can be done.

I think my suggestion of letting me print my own label, sending it to them and having USPS do a pickup from them is not a farfetched one. I hope it can be done because at this point I dont even want to deal with UPS.

I had a similar, but not so extreme situation happen earlier this week. Somehow my condo # didn't make it to UPS (they've shipped here many of times!). On the day of intended delivery, someone was here all day... but no delivery. I was gone during the last half of the day. But by the time I had arrived home, UPS had already called the supplier to obtain my condo #. The rest of the story isn't really relevant...

I did call UPS a few moments ago. The CS person did say they try to call the sender to obtain the correct info. Or, if they had made deliveries to that apt., they'll try to see if that info is in their system.

It really sucks not to get your pkg, and even more for the problem to exacerbate. Only thing I can suggest is to talk/e-mail the supplier's owner and/or a supervisor at UPS. Sometimes things just fall through the cracks with the regular CS people.

The squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Hope everything turns out well.

ETA: All ended well with my situation. (With a nice resolution!)

Must be revenge of the postal services as a trade package I sent recently was lost and I was out quite a bit of time and money on that one, and of course didnt get anything in return. (Except the consideration and kindness of the host of the swap)

As for this situation, I think I'd go through the roof. UPS would piss me off enormously, but so would Sweet Cakes. I havetn ordered from them due to price, but I certainly have no urge to do so now. A restocking fee when they're sending them straight out? They certainly shouldnt have to ship it out of their funds if they didnt make the mistake to begin with, and should work with you on getting it sent back on your label, but it's ludicrous to charge you for something that wasn't your fault.

As for UPS, I'm at a loss. Did you write down their names as you spoke to them? I would complain, complain, complain! Write letters, call, write letters, call, adn just vent to everyone in the area. Usually makes me, an expert complainer, feel better :)

I just got an email from a customer who bought a presto pot , votive mold and wick pins from me. I sent it FedEx. It finally made it yesterday ( was lost for a day) and she said that the box has a huge gash in the side and the leg on the pot is crushed. She said it looks like it was extremly abused ( thats putting it nicely) before it found its way home. ...I called FedEx and they said they will schedule a P/U from her and send me claim forms. I fill it out send it to them and they investigate.So after they get the pot from her Ill send her another...And HOPEFULLY I get all money back plus something for the bs . My cust sounds a little let down with the whole deal. Dont blame her a bit !....

And I even repacked it with original packing stuff !...Ive shipped at least 20 of these things ( pots) They must been playing drop kick football with the box.......

Deana

sorry to jack the thread ! ...I probably shoulda started a new one ....!

Well I got a call from SC an hour ago. The guy was not too nice. He was abrupt and kept cutting me short, telling me that this was not their fault. I said maybe not but my account has the right address so why was Street put on my boxes instead of Avenue? He said, I don't know but what do you want me to do with your stuff when we get it back? I said, well, reship them of course but I was not paying them $20 more to ship back to me.

He then old me that he could not pack all of my items into one box (mind you all my items weight less than 2 pounds and could easily fit into a 4x6 inch box probably) and that if I wanted to send them USPS labels to do so now through the mail, and not email. He said I have to send 2 different labels because if they have to repack my items into one box I will be charged a packaging charge. Gosh, how much work does it take to put 4 things in a box? I spent over $80 on these items and they can't pack my things into one little box without trying to get more $$ out of me? Nor did I get an apology of any kind.

Sorry Deana for what happened to you. These shipping companies are outrageous.

Oh man! I would be LIVID!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who printed out the label- Sweet Cakes or UPS? That is where the fault lies. It sounds like Sweet Cakes printed the wrong address- so had it not been for their error, this would not have happened. Yes- UPS didn't help matters by not changing the address...

The re-packaging fee is RIDICULOUS! Did you pay by paypal? Can you dispute it?

It sucks that you want these scents, because by this point.... I would be telling them where to stick the scents.

I have Amazing Grace coming on Monday from SaveonScents. I've never bought from them and have read conflicting reviews. However, most of the reviews said their dupes are good. I wear AG exclusively and have bought everything in AG that Philosophy makes for over 3 years. I know you're ready to order right now, but by Mon afternoon I can tell you how good the AG from SOS is.

Yep Jakalex...thats what I was saying about my package I sent to a customer...the leg was busted in little pieces. When I talked to her on the phone this evening she said she was even not ghonna say anything to me and try to fix it herself but there was no way to. ...Im pissed myself...I only used FedEx this time because they wer cheaper..which was a first for me !!! ....Anyone know how long it taked from start to finish to file a claim and collect from it ???????

Thanks !!

Deana