Hurricane Question

I like to leave it in the mold until if just about falls out when I tip it upside down......if it doesn't...then 5 minutes upside down in the refrigertor....no longer and it should come out. Don't ever try to unmold any candle before it is completely cool.....boy oh boy.....ask me how I know that one. (smile) Donita

Candles with a smaller diameter will generally cool faster than larger ones. It depends if you're using a water bath or not. Air cooled candles can take anything up to 12 hours to completely set.

Ambient temperature will affect it, but not all that much. Personally, I've left candles in the fridge for over an hour (forgot about them!) but have never had any ill effects. Whereas I've grown to hate water baths, it's too hard to keep all the water out, weigh them down properly and I had problems with the candles pulling away from the sides. But definitely don't try and force them out until you're absolutely sure they're cool!