Candle warmer

What is your thought on this? I bought a candle warmer today...placed a 8oz status jar with C3 wax scented with creme brulee. Once it liquified it gave some amazing hot throw. My hubby walked in from work and could smell it immediately. He has very little sense of smell so for him to smell something 40 feet away is pretty impressive I thought. Do you guys think this is a good hot throw? Does a warmer produce more throw than a wick since the entire candle liquifies? This is probably the most positive thing that has happened so far with the C3 wax :grin2: !

I've got a 16 oz apothecary on a candle warmer right now that I'm enjoying the most wonderful chocolate scent from! I finally got a good burn and burned it down but do have a little hangup. Thought I'd just melt it down and pour it out. However, the scent throw is 100x better than I had while burning! This one is pure soy with an LX16 wick scented with chocolate nut brownie from RE/AH.

The one thing with candle warmers I don't like is you might get a really good hot throw at first but it doesn't last that long and then your stuck with a bunch of wax to deal with. Burning with the wick might have less throw but, at least you don't feel like your wasting wax. JMO Heather :)

I think that warmers definitely give off a better throw than burning a regular wicked candle. Candles on warmers last a really long time - much longer than a burned candle too. I have wickless candles that last for 100 hours or longer. Dealing with the wax left behind isn't that big of a deal either. Customers will either clean the jar or throw it out. I honestly don't think it's a waste of wax either. Wickless candles smell good for a really long time. So it leaves wax behind - so do tarts, but people love those too.

Glad to know you finally got C-3 to work for you, lol. Honestly, this is what I do with a lot of leftover wax. Almost any wax will throw as a wickless, so at least you can put it to good use :D

Hmmm, that's not good...thanks for the info. though!

We posted at the same time, lol. Read my post above. I sell tons of wickless candles and they are great. I think the other poster's info is a bit misleading or uninformed, to be honest. :)

Two Angelas posting at the same time...now it's getting really confusing, lol.

Well all I can do is experiment on my end and see how the warmer does. If I can wick this wax I want to be able to do something with it. I still have some C1 hanging around and will probably do the same thing.

Thanks for the replies...I'm learning so much every day from you guys!!!

I guess when it doesn't smell anymore it's time to dump the wax.

I just had a thought, and was wondering.....if it is for personal use, can't you just add some more FO to it while it is still melted, and start over?????????

I was thinking of selling some of my "mistakes" at a discount, and selling them to use w/the warmers, insted of "re-doing" them.

Also- do you have to remove the warning label from the bottom before putting it on the warmer??

No, you aren't suppose to add more oil. The wax can only hold so much fragrnce oil. The scent may be gone, but the oil is still there.

Exactly. Think about this way - you add your oil and the scent burns off, but the oil stays in the wax. You can't add more oil to it becayse it already has all the oil it can hold.

Also, think of these like huge tarts, lol. The wax will not go away - there isn't a wick and flame to burn the wax down. The scent will gradually fade and when you can't smell it anymore, dump the wax in the trash and clean out the jar.

Also, try to use a jar that isn't too large. The larger the jar, the longer it takes to liquify. Small, squatty jars are the best :)

thanx girls....didn't think about the oils still being there :undecided

No problem:) Wickless are fun to make - and fairly easy. Still have to test them, but take out the wick and testing gets easier. I like them because there isn't a flame and they last for a long time. Also, some scents that don't throw really strong in a wicked candle will do okay in a wickless.