My First Candle

I was dam nervous making my first one but I did it. I used j223 (16oz aparthy) with a cd-18 wick, color came out nice, so far (it's been 3 hours since I poured it) it has adhered to the jar nicely, I used a heat gun since I had it for my millitary boots. very nice cold throw, haven't seen a need to repour and I'll be taking pictures tonight to post. I'm very nervouse to test burn it in a few days but I know I have to. hopefully all goes well but reading up on this board constintly for the past 2 weeks has helped me realize it ain't just melt and pour. Anyway just informing ya'll I'm excited and can't wait to show you what my first candle looks like.

Ok, Heres the pictures aprox 4ish hours after. I'm trying to achieve one wick for these 16 ounces. But we'll see. Oh ya, the Cold throw is very good. umm it's cinnimin (can't spell) ahhh can't belive I'm getting addicted to candle making LOL

FirstCandle.jpgfirstcandle1.jpg

You will most likely not get a complete melt pool with just one wick. Anything 3 inches and above, most of the time, needs to be doubled wicked. I don't know which wicks to double wick with because I don't use that wax.

I was able to single wick a 4" widemouth jar with LX30.

I am so anxoius to test burn my candle it's killing me, but as with what I've used 16 oz of J223 ( came out nice so far ) cd - 16 wick in an arpothy 16oz jar. very nice cold throw. how do ya'll think it'll burn?

oh ya, and since I'm doing my testing one candle at a time. If I find a good combo with a certain FO and dye with per say 16oz of wax. can I just double it , ect . for bigger batches?