Question on a hurricane

My first photo embedded hurricane I done came out great,the picture was straight and all but I never could get the top leveled out right it was always higher on one side,I tried turning it upside dowon on a cookie sheet and turning it around but that didnt work,What can I do? I would also like to find a glass container that would fill the entire hurricane to use as a vase any suggestions on where I can find one? I'm using a round hurricane mold 5 x6.5"

I sometimes have that problem too. I use a level to m ake sure that the cookie sheet is as level as it can be. That seems to help. As far as a glass container, no help there. Someone else might know. Sorry....Dee

when i do my hurricanes i use a deep dish pie pan, little thicker than cookie sheet also i melt a little then look at eye level if it seems off i melt ever so slightly on that end. it is something that just gets better w/practice but i usually pour a little taller incase the shell is being difficult it's gives me shell to work with. as far as a dish try wally mart they have lots of different sizes, it's like they know we've been checking them out :grin2: . hope this helps :smiley2: