Votive molds stuck together

Wear gardening gloves while pulling them apart too, this way you will have more grip and wont cut yourself.

I second the gardening gloves....with the grips on them, if possible. I actually sliced through my regular cotton gardening gloves once....those little buggers HURT!! :mad:

Does anyone make the votive molds that aren't so sharp?

Wear gardening gloves while pulling them apart too, this way you will have more grip and wont cut yourself.

I agree with this! I cut the heck out of my hands trying to pull them apart. Learned my lesson the hard way!!

Thanks, all of you! I tried 30 minutes in the freezer last night, plus the wiggling, but nothing worked. They really are stuck tight. :cry2: I've put them back into the freezer, will leave them there longer this time, maybe a couple of hours, to see if it will loosen them up.

Maybe they are stuck together with some leftover wax inside? Only other thing I could think of maybe would be to put them in the oven on a very low temp, 160 degrees or so, to melt any leftover wax.

Kaybee, I suspected that too, because the last thing I did with them was to clean them out in the oven. After removing them from the oven, I wiped them off with paper towels and then stacked them up. (This is my normal cleaning process.) So, last night I put them in the oven for 30 minutes at 175*F, but that didn't help any. Arrggghhh.

You could try squrting some WD40 between the moulds & leaving them overnight.I use it to free up screws & such that have stuck.

It's probably called something else over there tho...its the stuff you squirt on car parts etc as a lubricant.

HTH.

Sally.

Hi, someone on this board said to wrap them in newspaper. Take them outside to the cement and roll them back and forth with your foot. Make sure you are wearing shoes. Pick them up once in a while and remove the loose ones. Wear leather gloves. I haven't had to use this method yet but I saved this post just in case!:wink2:

ILVCandles - I did something similar this morning, based on what Grumpy said. I wonder if doing it outside makes a difference? Oh well, I'll give it a try, just in case.

Trish - I'll try the hot soapy water next (right now they are sitting in WD-40). I had heard of this method for new molds, but these ones are a couple of years old. I wonder if they are just getting too old and they're trying to tell me they need to be replaced?

Thanks again everyone, for your suggestions!

I wonder if stacking them straight out of the oven caused it? The heat would make them expand then when they cooled they would contract. Not sure how much contraction you would get, but it is a thought.

Maybe they are just in love and can't bear to be separated??????

Dat

Whew. I finally got them separated - using a combination of pliers, hammer

and towel, followed by soaking in hot soap water (to get rid of the WD-40 smell).

DatCandleMaker - I think you may be right about the cause of the problem. I was in a bit of a hurry that day and must have stacked them too soon after taking them out of the oven.

Many thanks to all of you for your suggestions!!!