I noticed some things with clamshells

Some colors turn quick, within a few monthes. Alot faster then jars and alot more. This is with c-3 though. Will a 30% or 50% parrafin blend fix this problem? Yeah, i know, test... My supplier was out of the parrafin and i ordered so i have to wait a few weeks before i can order again for the pallet shipping. You can PM if you wish. Thanks :mad: ..................................... The HEAT IS GONE! (for now)

You don't need to add Parrifin!

Instead, add 35% V-1 wich is Cargils Votive blend to the C-3! They you still have a full Veggie/soy product!

Yep, what she said, and I use UV inhib and haven't had a problem either.

Was wanting to know if you can add V-1 to C3 wax to make a container candle?

You can do anything you want, lol. But C-3 already has such a high MP, if I were going to add something, it would be a lower melt point wax. But that's just me. I'm not sure why you would want to add a votive wax to a container wax.

If you are wanting to pour tarts and containers, you can add V-1 to the C-3. The V-1 is just makes it pull away from the sides. If you use 35% as stated above I don't think you should have any problems with containers.

I have that same problem with tealights. I notice it becomes worse in colder areas I store them. It looks almost dried out. I have however been storing my melts in the little zip close bags made for chocolate and they have maintained great. I don't use the clamshell molds because I have a LOAD of chocolate molds because my mother in law use to own a chocolate business.

Guest candelecandlecompany

I having been using C3 for a long time and I have never had them change colors. I just use some UV inhibitor---I don't even have to mix soys.

Guest candelecandlecompany

For years I was always told not to use vybar in the soy waxes. I listened but never knew why. So 2 weeks ago I used it just to see what would happen. Terrible, terrible results. The scent throw was almost none, hot and cold---I used a Butt Naked Type Scent which I get to throw very strong. I use a soy/bees wax blend with eco wicks with works fantastic. I guess I shouldn't "try to fix it when it isin't broken".