"Streaking" Soy Candle (Directions added on post #16)

nayarx8

Ive been messing around with this "streaking" technique for months; finally think I got the method down! Just not too sure what I think of the look. The one on the left is scented "Angel", and the one on the right is scented "Jamaica Me Crazy".

So, honest opinions, does it look stupid?

post-2327-139458405388_thumb.jpg

I like them a lot, great job, I think I'll have a try when I get some jars in.

I've done simliar with p.w pillars, cones & star moulds with varying degrees of success but I haven't dyed any of my soy yet.

Nice jars too.

Sally.

I added FO at 150 degrees; poured at 125. Shaved off slivers off my dye blocks and then swirled them with a chopstick. Let them melt for about 5 to 10 minutes (too long and they would melt into a solid color candle). Then, stuck them in the fridge for 30 minutes, and then let them cool at room temp the rest of the way. Pretty simple, once I figured out not to let them cool on their own (w/o the fridge). After my test burn, spending time in the fridge didnt seem to affect the burn or scent throw. Im going to try some more soon! I recommend not using more than 3 different colors as it could result in an ugly-looking mess of a candle! HTH, Linaya

• 4 weeks later...