Suppliers Please Read

cindym

With all due respect to all the suppliers that advertise here, weekly, I have to question why some of you guys offer sales on other boards but not here. I can always go and order from the other board and use their code but it just doesn't make sense to me. I think as a group here, with some suppliers we have done a bang up job of testing your products for you, so when a sale is being offered on one board, why is not being offered here? Please do not misconstrue this, this is not every supplier, and I will pm you personally, it is just one. But I have seen this before and I basically just don't get it. If you want your product out there, with over 3000 members here I would think that offering the sale here would be a logical decision, only because it is quite likely that we will see the sale and scratch our heads and wonder why we have to go somplace else to get the sale. Of course it is a personal decision on your part and I respect that , but I do have to say it is quite a turn off for me. Cindy

I could be way off base here, but I've read many times that Peaks makes this forum possible. You can look at the ads and see others who advertise and obviously help pay the bills. Other forums don't have the same type of advertising.

I wish other suppliers would post their sales here too, but maybe it wouldn't be proper etiquette.

Perhaps someone in the know could respond as to what is acceptable.

Cindy, being a retired Mod and all from this board, is well aware that Peak is the main sponsor of this board. There was a time when NO OTHER supplier could post a sale on this board...and we couldnt even mention another supplier. But Alan opened the board up and now pretty much any supplier can post their sales as long as they adhere to the rules of the board.

What Cindy is referring to is the fact that some suppliers work with other boards and give members of those boards a special discount....a discount they havent offered here for CT board members.

I for one, really never look at the sales posted by suppliers here on the board because they are usually way too far away from NY and the shipping would kill me.

Yea..what board?

I like a good sale as well as the next guy (as long as it isn't country berry hotcakes:laugh2: )

I just dont like the kind of sales that start at 6:00am, lasting until the crow flys over old Aunt Nadeens Barn. Please stand on one foot and rub your tummy while you whistle in the secret hocus pockus code...all for 10% off your next order of $100.00 or more. (certain oils only!...this day long sale is to include Naked Monkeys and Farts on the Beach)

So where was this sale board, and what is worth having?:bliss:

Yea..what board?

I like a good sale as well as the next guy (as long as it isn't country berry hotcakes:laugh2: )

I just dont like the kind of sales that start at 6:00am, lasting until the crow flys over old Aunt Nadeens Barn. Please stand on one foot and rub your tummy while you whistle in the secret hocus pockus code...all for 10% off your next order of $100.00 or more. (certain oils only!...this day long sale is to include Naked Monkeys and Farts on the Beach)

Gotta chuckle at your description and it's so true. Just give me a straight sale price without the mumbo jumbo.

I would definitely like to see suppliers post their sales here--they could offer the same thing they do elsewhere or offer something entirely different, just respect that the members of this forum have purchasing power as well. Anymore, the supplier offers are pretty much the only reason I check out the other forum.

It really is in their best interest to have sales on multiple forums because guess what, when a forum crashes, no one is aware of their sale.

Maybe we should start a letter writing campaign to our favorite vendors and ask them to post their sales here, and include a link to Supplier Announcements.

What do you think?

Yea..what board?

ROFLMAO!! :laugh2:

Yea..what board?

This is tooooo funny.....but true. :laugh2: I am at work laughing my head off.

Yea..what board?

I want some of what-ever your smokin, drinking, or popping!!!! LMAO!!!!!!

With all due respect to all the suppliers that advertise here, weekly, I have to question why some of you guys offer sales on other boards but not here. I can always go and order from the other board and use their code but it just doesn't make sense to me. I think as a group here, with some suppliers we have done a bang up job of testing your products for you, so when a sale is being offered on one board, why is not being offered here? Please do not misconstrue this, this is not every supplier, and I will pm you personally, it is just one. But I have seen this before and I basically just don't get it. If you want your product out there, with over 3000 members here I would think that offering the sale here would be a logical decision, only because it is quite likely that we will see the sale and scratch our heads and wonder why we have to go somplace else to get the sale. Of course it is a personal decision on your part and I respect that , but I do have to say it is quite a turn off for me. Cindy

If you are going to PM 'them', then why post a gripe here? I don't get it.

And I think suppliers can do whatever they want to do, just as you chose to buy or not buy from any given supplier.

Sounds like whining to me.

If you know about the sale, why not just go to where the sale is, get the code (or whatever) and order? ....Now we are gonna tell suppliers where they 'should' (so f**king dysfunctional) post their sales? Or tell them if they run a sale on one site, they should post their sale everywhere? Why don't you contact the supplier and ask that they run a sale here on CT?

You only get the sale price from SW if you join their mailing list and have their code....and JS has a weekly sales email - other suppliers only post their sale here at CT - you get the point!

IMO if you don't like the way a supplier advertises, don't buy from them! But to suggest what they might offer to one group MUST be offered to all is just plain ignorant!

I don't understand those of you putting Cindy down for trying to help the rest of us out. I, for one, don't belong to every message board out there so am not aware of sales outside of Candletech (unless it's in a newsletter). If a supplier were to post a good sale here, I might try it and try other items as well. It would be beneficial to the supplier, as we don't all subscribe to other boards and even if we did might prefer CT.

Cindy, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Suppliers who choose not to share your sales with us: Why not?

Those of your who do share sales on CT: Thank you! It's appreciated.

From what I've seen, there has been talk on other boards to post info about exclusive sales over here and then it was decided not to because people were afraid that the posts would get taken down. Especially special pre-buy sales that aren't allowed over here.

I don't understand those of you putting Cindy down for trying to help the rest of us out. I, for one, don't belong to every message board out there so am not aware of sales outside of Candletech (unless it's in a newsletter). If a supplier were to post a good sale here, I might try it and try other items as well. It would be beneficial to the supplier, as we don't all subscribe to other boards and even if we did might prefer CT.

Cindy, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Suppliers who choose not to share your sales with us: Why not?

Those of your who do share sales on CT: Thank you! It's appreciated.

I don't see Cindy trying to help anyone - just complaining about the way suppliers offer sales - if you want a supplier to post a good sale here, ask them! Are we supposed to tell you each time we find out about sales? Do you post to 'spread the word' about sales you know about? I think this entire thread is intended to stir up sh*t....jmo

Is this a public message board? One you can join? If so, wouldn't that be a good way to get the discount?

This is how I look at it. I own a business. I am not much different than any other business - I am in it to make a profit, as I am sure this business is. I will sometimes offer some of my customers a discount. For example, the lady who buys 12-15 candles a month gets her candles for $12. Do I offer that price to someone who says "Why do you give 'x' a break and not me?" Nope. Why? Well, because I can and it is my decision. I reward her because she has spent a lot of money with me and has sent a lot of customers my way. Would I do it for anyone else who I feel deserves a reward? Sure, but I am not going to undercut myself and sell everyone candles at that price and bottom line...it is my decision to make. I get so frustrated when people try to haggle with me on prices or question me if they find out I give someone else a discount. My candles have prices on them. My website has prices on it. No where does it say "$14.95 or your best offer."

So if this supplier has a group of people who might be "above and beyond" customers or friends of this supplier, it is their decision to offer them what ever discount they wish. I cannot imagine walking into Wal Mart and saying "Oh and give me the 20% employee discount. No, I am not an employee, but you offer it to other people...I should get it too."

No I am not mad at the other board. I am not trying to stir up anything, I will address the supplier privately. This is just an obsevation. Smart Tart I don't know where in the hell you think that I would post anything on this board with bad intentions, I never have and I never will, it seems you are the only one trying to stir the pot here. I am for the members of the board not for myself personally. And I would not order from this supplier anyway as I have not tested any of their products. I do know that this supplier spends a great deal of time on this board and has gotten a lot of feedback from the members here, that is all. If I thought this thread would cause problems for any of the members I certainly wouldn't have started it. It is also my full intention to ask this supplier to run a sale over here. And no smart tart you will not see me going anywhere else and shooting my mouth off about this, but thanks for the feedback . Mods just pull the thread how ridiculous.