Whipped (?) Hypnotic Poison (Really Ugly Cut Pics! 1st Post)

Brenda

Thought it was time to give whipped soap a try. Purple Lilac gave me a link I hadn't seen yet and it got me all fired up, so this morning I gave it a whirl for the second time. (Here's the link for those who might be interested: http://home.exetel.com.au/lozniz/Whipped/ )

Mine didn't turn out at lovely as the pics on his site, but it's a start. Scented with SW Hypnotic Poison and colored with black aussie clay, amethyst pink dry color, mint green oxide, and gold mica.

hypnotic_poison_whipped.jpg

These lovely colors have morphed into THIS purely poisonous looking soap! :tongue2: It smells great though... Oh my! I think I'll just call it "Poison". It does need to be cut with a wire.

poison.jpg

I couldn't seem to get it as stiff as his demo pics, it was more like airy clotted cream even though I beat it a LONG time and chilled the oils in the freezer. :o But at least it's in the mold! (Soapy Note: My very first try was Saturday and all seemed to be going well...and then I added SW Watermelon Slice and that batch seized and got stiff like "set" mousse and then started hardening in the bowl. I dumped the color in that I had prepared and beat the living daylights out of it! It made soap, but not whipped soap.) :laugh2:

Thanks for looking!

For the next batch I'm going to be sure the FO I select does NOT discolor. I should have thought ahead about this very important fact and checked - that's pretty basic to color selection for a soap. :rolleyes2 It's my guess that this soap will continue to darken and should in several days be terminally ugly.

So on to the next batch. Nothing like experimenting!:D