My First Hurricane

The photo is a girl I like and her daughter. Hopefully it will make a nice gift.

Whipped up some votives to go along with it using "Spring Rain" another BCN sample. A little in-your-face floral for me (a lot of rose I think), but again it throws well considering how little I used. Guess it'll have to do.

MANY thanks to Alan (of Peak) and Donita for excellent instructions and inspiration. The best I've seen of this message board recently, besides helping mrblobby with his school project, has been people inspiring other people to make things they might not otherwise have thought to try.

post-710-139458378185_thumb.jpg

That looks really good. Is this your 1st one?

The crazy thing about pix 'canes is that I know I would like my pix darker to show off better when lit up, otherwise, it just looks overexposed, so to speak. But, when I use a darker pix, it doesn't look good when it's just sitting there. How to win? Just had a thought ... on a square 'cane, anyway, use two darker prints & two just right prints. Then I'll have it just right all the time. :cool2:

Very pretty models, by the way.

Yo, Top, that one is over the top LOL. You know how to win a girl's heart, that's for sure. Even if it was flawed, what Mom is not going to treasure that? You are a very talented and knowledgeable fellow. I, for one, am glad you came on board. You're a real asset to CT. Oh, the photography rocks too and the votives look great...... Have to stop now....... :lipsrseal

e

Good morning Top....I got to thinking. I see that you have a white band on the bottom of the pic. That is what I was doing until I decided to make a border then cut a 1/4" around the picture. That way is goes all around the picture and looks like it is supposed to be there. Check out my photo hurricanes on my website. My DH just published them there last night. Donita

http://donitahoyer.com/