plastic mold clamps? Anyone find cheaper?

Has anyone found those plastic strip clamps for cheaper than from a candle supply? That stuff should be really cheap, just dont know exactly what I'm looking for. I could cut them down to size myself. Not into paying $2.50 for about a 1 foot piece cut in half. Anyone?

And I know I can still get them thru candle supply store for cheaper than $2.50 (lol), but if you use them, you know what i mean by them being to expensive for plastic strip.

I may not be understanding your question right, but why can't you just use binder clips from any office supply store. I have a 2 piece ball mold that I use 4 small binder clips on, no leaks with those....just a thought.

Have you tried clip binders & craft sticks? Two craft sticks on each seam with two or three clips. The sticks would help distribute the pressure evenly. This would not work unless the sticks were 100% flat.

Anything flat would work but craft sticks are cheap & I couldn't think of anything else.

HTH.

Donna

ps One supplier sells one foot lengths two piece mold clamps for two dollars.

Oh, Hey!

You might also find something that will work in the home improvement stores back where the paneling is. I think I remember something that you can buy in long strips and cut to size. Its that stuff that you use to put in the edge of the paneling or to join 2 pieces together. You can probably get a 6 foot piece for a few bucks. They have tons of that type stuff and I bet you could find something that would work in that section.

Bruce

I have dozens of bulldog clips. Bought them wholesale from a lampshade supply place when I was making lampshades. I tape my edges with masking tape then put in the stand and clamp the sides with the clips. On really hard to do plastic molds, my DH cut wood jigs to fit aroung the shapes. One for front and one for the back. Then I hold those together with small "C" clamps. I stand them in sand. Like my black cat, Budda, Rebecca, etc. I get very little leaking. I also found that it works better for me to cut out the mold so that I can wick it with a wick rod just like my pillars. Donita