Has anyone found a mold that you can do..

diamondk

hotel size bars in? I have been searching and I haven't found one. Robin how do you do yours if you don't mind telling? TIA

I just got a "slab" mold from http://www.the-sage.com (when I was ordering the Dan's bands LOL) it was a rip off because it's plastic but it does 24 3x2 soaps with cut marks. Could not be used for CPOP, would melt. There was no picture on the site.

e

There is a mold & cutter system specifically for guest sizes - http://www.forcraftssake.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6&zenid=e70b464d5e5d2350c7384b0ee4b23d7c

it's pretty popular.

What I did for those sample sizes was just cut my bar in sixths. My bar is 1" wide - I cut that into thirds. Then I cut each piece in 1/2, giving me little 3.5 x 1 x .3 inch bars. Long and skinny. You can cut your bar other ways - cut it in half down the width, then into thirds, for 1.75 x 2.5 x .3 inch bars.

Wouldn't want to do a ton of them that way, but it wasn't bad.

I use the milky way guest soap molds for my guest soaps, but then I only do melt and pour soaps. I can't seem to get over the fear of my kids trying to get into the lye for doing cold-process. We outgrew our house one child ago, so I also have no room to cure soaps.

Good Luck,

Kim

I bought some thick plastic covered clear butter dishes that are a true squared off rectangle from Linens n' Things. They were 1.99 each.

If you molded your soap in one of those upside down, you could cut it into cute little 1 inch slices and it would a perfect size for a guest soap.

I have not put anything in these things yet, so I cannot comment on the way they hold up with CP as of yet.

I'll be interested in hearing how that works Eugenia. I cut mine by hand, usually in quarters.

Sara, the cut lines made it very easy to work with but it's just not heavy enough. It's 12 x 12, so it's a good size. If it was silicone like the new baking pans it would be FANTASTIC. I did email them about the cracks.

e