Soap cutters

MichelleOH

Or you can try to sweettalk someone into making one, if you're not handy with tools yourself..

http://www.teachsoap.com/cutter.html

I'm trying to talk DH into doing something similar to this for a Chrismas present :)

LOL....I live with the most non-carpenter guy in the world. He can do everything with a computer, but put tools in his hands & he is lost!

Thats a hella good price Eugenia, but I am a little slow today. How does it work?

I have one and just love it. I bought the cheapest one and the quality is great. I haven't had to change my wire yet and I've had it for months now. You will get an extra wire with it too. I use it for my log molds but have only tried to use it once with my Uplands slab mold. Cuts your soap like butter through a hot knife. I would highly recommend these to anyone. If you buy one, I don't think you will be dissapointed at all.

The wire is adjustable so that you can cut different sizes of soap. You just set your wire to the desired level and then stand the log on end. I hold my soap up against the side of the cutter to keep it straight and just slide it through the wire. I hope that made sense.

I have one from "Forcraftssake" and I LOVE IT!! Yes, it was very spendy, but IMO it was worth every penny, and I have only had to replace one of the wires once, and that was totally MY fault!! lol (frozen soap IS hard to cut!! lol) I've had mine for over 2 years, and that is the ONLY maintenance I've had to do. :) Love it!

Duckie, do you mean too tall or too wide? Because I can use my large log mold in it with no problem. Off the top of my head I can't venture a guess as to how long this mold is, but I have no problem standing the soap on its end and cutting it. And its pretty long. But, there would be a limit as to the width of the soap that would fit in the cutter. I hope that made sense. You can set the cutter to cut larger width soaps. There are several different settings for soap width.