Peak no longer offers IGI6006 or the Mottle Blend Pillar Wax?

Got an email back from Nachelle...

She advised these two waxes are being discontinued, and replaced with their own formulated wax. She didn't give a time line though.

She also suggested using IGI 1945/4630A as a suitable alternative for IGI 6006. Has anyone used this wax? What are you opinions on this wax?

I sent them an email yesterday because I noticed the IGI 1554 was no longer listed on the board. I got an email back stating it was also being discontinued. Nachelle stated it was a "feedstock" issue. I think that is what she called it. It didn't mean anything to me.

Scentedmoon, a few days ago I tried a couple containers of both 1946 and 6006. The 1945 is a paraffin container wax, while the 6006 is is a vegetable/paraffin blend container wax. The 1945 is a one-pour wax (slight dip, but not much), and the 6006 I do a repour on. The 1945 is more creamy, the 6006 more translucent, but not as much as a straight paraffin. The 6006 is VERY soft to work with, the 1945 slightly less so. The 6006 seems to have a bit better throw to me. JMO.

I've switched to the 1945/4630 and I think it's way better than 6006. I personally never cared for that wax, cold and hot throw was too light IMO. I felt it was impossible to get a deep color, hardly transluscent as Henry described.

I think J50 has been my most favorite, but since I was able to pick up the 1945 it saved me a ton of money...

Hmmm.... I'm sure of my results -- as I'm sure you are of yours - but it does sound like we are talking about two completety different waxes re the 1945. The 6006 HAD to be what it was, very soft because of the soy in it, but I'm wondering after your results if maybe the slab I got WAS 1945 or maybe it was mislabled. I ordered multiple slabs of different blends so I guess it could be possible.

:confused:

I sent them an email yesterday because I noticed the IGI 1554 was no longer listed on the board. I got an email back stating it was also being discontinued. Nachelle stated it was a "feedstock" issue. I think that is what she called it. It didn't mean anything to me.

:shocked2: WTF? & what's a feedstock? ... the distributer/manufacterer not able to keep up w/ demand????

Scentedmoon (cool name, btw) do you mean they're discontinuing the 1274?