These are cool!!

I went to our local Parade of Homes last weekend with dh, dd's and one extra. We went into this home and you could smell a candle burning somewhere. The candle was in the bathroom. I looked at the candle and saw that it had a melt pool. Then I noticed that the wick wasn't even burned. Its the light that melts the wax from the top down instead of other candle warmers that melt the wax from the bottom up. It had a great throw. This is the melter (or it was very similiar) the candle was on. I think this is the coolest!!!

What do you think?

http://www.candlewarmer.com/Products.aspx?cat=aurora

I've never seen these before. There is no price listed on the site or shopping cart - guess if I want to know I'll have to contact the company.

Those are cool. I saw them at our Hallmark nearby and wondered how well they worked. I think it seems like a better idea that the melt pool starts from the top (makes more sense to me) instead of the bottom up with the regular candle warmers. How deep was the melt pool? Thanks for posting it. I may buy one someday and try it out.

~Holly

Holly, the mp was not that big but it didn't look like the candle had been on there very long. Yet that darn thing could be smelled all over so I know they work. It just looked funny having a mp and yet the wick wasn't burning. With these, you don't have to worry about the wick tab getting hot and cracking the glass of your container since the wick tab isn't sitting on the source of the heat. They are very pretty and quite decorative. I like that it also acts as a night light. :)

I went to our local Parade of Homes last weekend with dh, dd's and one extra. We went into this home and you could smell a candle burning somewhere. The candle was in the bathroom. I looked at the candle and saw that it had a melt pool. Then I noticed that the wick wasn't even burned. Its the light that melts the wax from the top down instead of other candle warmers that melt the wax from the bottom up. It had a great throw. This is the melter (or it was very similiar) the candle was on. I think this is the coolest!!!

What do you think?

http://www.candlewarmer.com/Products.aspx?cat=aurora

I've never seen these before. There is no price listed on the site or shopping cart - guess if I want to know I'll have to contact the company.

I love those. If anyone finds out where to buy, not wholesale, let us know. I sent an email to the company. Did a search on google and came up empty. I see they TM'd the name, so if someone else sells them, they may be called something else.

So far I can't find these anywhere but this company. The house that this warmer was in was massive (almost 5,000 square feet) and yet you could smell that candle all over the place. The candle wasn't as tall as the one on the company's website so it will still work with a shorter candle and the throw will still be great.

I have both an electric tart burner and a tea light one. I didn't think the elctric one would be that great since it uses a light bulb to melt the tarts. This one works much better than my tea light and is perfect for a work sitution or anywhere you can't have a flame. I think these candle warmers would be great for that too.

That IS interesting. But I think I would like an unobstructed view of the candle/melt by using a warming ... less bulk, 'cleaner' lines, so to speak. On the other hand, maybe less dust settles into the wax by placing the lamp so close to the top of the container, as in the pix.

I've read all the posts ... nice to hear/read so many opinions about the warmers, esp since I've never used one. ;) Once again, something new to think about. :cheesy2: