I'm losing it...

Trish

LOL

I was not prepared for this huge wholesale order. I had contacted the guy who took my pillars to the trade shows after the first show, asked him to give me a round about idea of how many sold and which scents so that I could get supplies ordered.

He responded saying he was leaving the next day for the San Francisco show and would be in touch the following week when he got back. Once he got back, he asked me to meet with him (about an hour away) and he'd give me the orders. It seemed like he really didn't want to be bothered with any more of it.

Sooo, I go up last Thursday and got the orders. It was much bigger than I expected and am totally unprepared (a total of almost 600 pillars). The biggest problem is two of the customers want their candles ON Sept 1. I had to place orders on Friday for oils, stearic, dye, etc.

I got completely overwhelmed and now have realized I don't have pillar boxes, shrink tubing (I need to shrink wrap them because the oils seemed to leak onto the chipboard boxes), software for invoices, etc, etc.

I hate feeling unprepared and now it's killing me. I wanted wholesale orders, but not this many all at once! :rolleyes2

Anyhow, just venting for a minute. Some of the FO arrived today and the rest tomorrow so I'll be a pillar making fool for the next few weeks. OYE!

Take a deep breath Sweetpea! Okay, you know where to get your boxes and shrink tubing so you can order it. Microsoft has template for invoices that you can customize and use. If you decide on Quickbooks or Peachtree for your accounting/inventory, you will be able to generate invoices from those programs. Another program you might want to look at is My Invoices and Estimates Deluxe. I started out using that program before I got my Peachtree. It allows your to generate invoices that coordinate with your logo and/or website. I think it's $29.99 or $39.99. That might be an idea until you decide what accounting program you want to use. I believe Best Buy, Office Depot & Office Max carry the My Invoices software. If not, here's the URL where you can order it online: www.Elibrium.com . I hope this helps you out some. Congratulations on your huge wholesale order. Your going to do a great job. Remember, take a deep breath, then a big drink, LOL!

Sherie, thanks for that link! I will definitely check it out.

I want to use Quickbooks, but won't be able to buy it for a month or two so hopefully that software will do for now! I do appreciate it.

I can order tubing and boxes today but nothing will ship until tomorrow. The boxes are in So Cal (Papermart) so shipping is only 2 days to me but the tubing is in Missouri...will take almost a week. I really need some! I put an ad in the classifieds, maybe someone will have some they can sell me to hold me over until the order gets in.

Whew...

Now see, thats what I got back into candles to prevent.. the stress that comes with a "real" job. I watch what I do so I can just work as much as I want to, dont have a web site so I dont get hit with orders for stuff that I dont want to make and then have to pack and lug around to the post office. LOL

I hope you can get them all made for your dead line and hope it dont stress you out too much!

Good luck Trish

Bruce

Trish, Sherie

I checked out that Equilibrium (?sp) site Sherie mentioned and they have a free trial download, takes a little time to download and install, but it is sooooo cool! Thanks for posting that site Sherie, I was also looking for something like this.

Trish, maybe you could use the trial version, once its downloaded you can use 20 times. I havent tried all the features out yet, like using my graphics etc, just thought since you are pinched for time, you could use this till you can decide on which software to buy. HTH.

Good luck

Sherri

LOL, Bruce! This is why I don't want a storefront!!

I wanted to do wholesale but I wasn't expecting this guy to come back with 14 customers and 600 candles, most of which they want right away. I just wish he would've given me a heads up so I could've ordered supplies and had them here to get started on.

Instead, I got them all at once and some had delivery dates on them. I don't want to screw anything up on their first order from me!

I have 15 sets done... 164 to go.... LOL

Holy sheeeooootttt!!!!! Trish I need a job!!! :)

I wish I could afford to pay ya! LOL

I'm too much of a control freak to let anyone do anything except maybe put the candles into a box! :rolleyes2 But come on up, bring your molds cuz I need more and I'll pay ya to clean molds and keep my spirits up! (Or is that keep my glass full of spirits?) LOL

Congrats on the orders but sorry you are so stressed. If I lived closer to you I'd come help.

Here are some free downloads for invoices from Microsoft. I've used one and love it. Maybe you can find one that will fit your needs.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/results.aspx?Scope=DC%2CEM%2CES%2CFX%2CHA%2CHP%2CQZ%2CRC%2CTC%2CXT&Query=invoices

Trish, I started using that software for my consulting business. It is very user friendly and easy to figure out. It'll definitely tide you over for the interim. Sending you take a deep breathe vibes. Sorry I don't have any of the supplies you need.

Trish - I don't have any boxes or shrink wrap but I do have moral support! I can put candles in boxes....shooot... Aislynn and Devin could do that. Gabe could handle that as well.

Do you want to use some molds? I have pins also......

Let me know....

Man,..... U GO GIRL!:shocked2:

Trish - I don't have any boxes or shrink wrap but I do have moral support! I can put candles in boxes....shooot... Aislynn and Devin could do that. Gabe could handle that as well.

Do you want to use some molds? I have pins also......

Let me know....

Man,..... U GO GIRL!:shocked2:

Bev, I appreciate the moral support! This really was just way bigger than I imagined starting and it's a bit overwhelming. Once I get a routine down, I'll be good.

It's so frustrating to not be prepared! And when these are done, you can meet me at Chevy's for lots of margaritas (dh will be sober driver!) LOL

Waiting for the wax to do my last pour for the night, then I'll be done with 30 sets...only 149 sets to go...LOL

The good thing is that tomorrow I'll pour 10 sets of chestnuts and brown sugar and Saturday I can pour the pumpkin mottles...shrink and box on Sunday and ship these two orders out on Monday!

These first two orders were the ones I was most concerned about because they had specific dates on when they wanted the order delivered and I think I'll get 'er done!

I feel much better now, like I finally have a grasp on this. I got boxes and shrink wrap ordered (and Beth saved my ass big time!) so now it's just continuing the process...

Sure wish I had a wax melter right about now! :P