For those of you who whip butters and jar them

Landa

It took me awhile to get that down but I finally made up my own recipe and it has stayed whipped. YEAH!!! I made it about a month or so ago. I have a jar of it on my desk right now. My main butter in it is shea but can't remember right off the top of my head what else I put in it. I I love kokum butter and am going to try it again with just that. My recipe is somewhere in the recipe section.

Slowly melt your butter but be careful not to overheat. I just melt them to the point that they barely turn to liquid then start to whip the living daylights out of it. I then place it in the freezer, let it set up, then whip again. I did this over and over until I got the consistency I wanted. Good luck.

I do mine with shea butter as the main ingredient then add a bit of hemp and jojoba oils and FO. Oh, and I also add a tsp or 2 of cornstarch. I melt my shea in a double boiler then add the oils. (I do this in a large glass bowl) then I put it in the fridge until it starats to get a bit of a skin on top. Once this happens I take it out and start whipping. I usually don't have to put it back in the fridge after the first time. I have some butter here at work that is over a month old and still whipped. I read somewhere about putting cyclomethicone in oils and butters to help with the greasy feel, have not tried that yet has anyone?

For the softest peaks and a consistency of "cool whip" I use mostly shea butter, mango butter, hempseed oil and shea oil. I do not melt my butters, only soften them if needed. I have found this to work so much better for me than melting completely, whipping, freezing, whipping, freezing, etc... I just soften for a few seconds if needed and whip with my Kitchen Aid for 10-20 minutes. I do sometimes use IPM or Dryflo to help with the greasies.

Ann