Newbies Attempts (Please be kind!!!)

I wanted to post some candles I recently made. I'm relatively new to the whole process, but I'm really enjoying it, and learning a lot from this forum. Thank you to all of you who share your talents.....

First one is a Vanilla Rustic. I fought with this one to get it out of the mold!!! I thought it was going to get the better of me, but DH was finally able to push it out from the wick hole!! Next time I'll use cooking spray!!!

Second is also Vanilla (still learning - don't want to get too adventurous just yet :laugh2: ). I tried the drape and layer effect.

Third is a Coffee Mottle. Very disappointed with this one, but WOW does it smell good.

Appreciate any comments.......

post-1101-139458378134_thumb.jpg

post-1101-139458378141_thumb.jpg

post-1101-139458378144_thumb.jpg

Guest ShellyRobyn

They're all very nice!

And as far as your candle sticking in the mold, just pop it in the fridge for a few and it should slide right out.

Good Luck!! ;)

First one is a Vanilla Rustic. I fought with this one to get it out of the mold!!! I thought it was going to get the better of me, but DH was finally able to push it out from the wick hole!! Next time I'll use cooking spray!!!

You don't need cooking spray. Next time, try the freezer for 5-10 minutes. Should shake right out. Very nice start. To clean those molds, stick them on a double layer of paper towels on an old cookie sheet in the oven at 175 for 10 minutes. Wipe them out with a paper towel and they should be "seasoned" for their next run.

e

Nice start, but are you doing them upside down? One of them has drapes pointing upwards.

Ha! Good catch. :P I kept looking at that candle and couldn't quite figure out what was off. Great candles, BTW! Especially great as it was your first attempt.

WOW!:shocked2:

Thanks Everyone!!!!! I was disappointed with how the Coffee mottle turned out, but it seems to be everyone's favorite - just shows.......

As far as the drape is concerned - yes, it is upside down. I thought it looked a little strange the right way up, so I turned it over. Just my personal preference. I just want to make candles for my use so I figured it was okay.

I think that they all look great, and you've honed right in on my favourite colours and scents plus love the photography. Welcome to a new addiction, even if its only for yourself you'll still probably keep leaping up to try new ideas out especially when inspired by the wonderful photos on this board. :cheesy2:

You're doing excellent for beginning. They turned out good! :)

Just a hint for doing any pillars with a texture on them (rustic, draped, etc), the fridge/freezer helps too, but remember to be patient. If you get in a hurry, you're likely to leave some of the texturing inside. ;)

Nice start, but are you doing them upside down? One of them has drapes pointing upwards.

Goes to show how on top of things I am. I was going to post how cool they were. Especially the last two when I read the post above. I would have never known. Anyway, I would be pleased if they were mine.