Color For Bazooka Bubble Gum

Trish had a good thought with the hot pink but I believe those are pigments rather than dyes.

I don't think you need anything special. Either pink dye or a very light touch of red, which should amount to the same thing.

Your biggest issue with getting it to look like bubblegum will be that the wax needs to be opaque. The gum doesn't let any light through -- it all reflects from the surface and your candle has to do the same to have the right color. If you are using plain wax it will be too translucent.

If you use one of the preformulated wax blends (the kinds that don't need additives) it should already have the right look. Otherwise adding Vybar should do the trick.

I got it as a free sample from Just Scent

I think It smell awesome

Thanks for all the help

Suzanne

I wouldn't add any brown or any color to mute it. BBG is a bright, pink color. I lOVE the flavor of that gum. Does it smell as good as it tastes?

I used 2 fuschia chips in 1/2 lb IGI 1286 wax and it turned out a bubblegum pink. When I first put the chip in it didn't turn the wax any colour at all so I added the second chip and still nothing. Left it overnight and by morning it was bubble gum pink.

Trish had a good thought with the hot pink but I believe those are pigments rather than dyes.
I think the hot pink would be a pigment also.

No, I definitely had hot pink dye chips before. They were not pigments. I think I got them off of ebay though when I first started, so I'm not sure who carries them. :undecided

No, I definitely had hot pink dye chips before. They were not pigments. I think I got them off of ebay though when I first started, so I'm not sure who carries them. :undecided
Don't know exactly what you used, but I was thinking of the Reddi-Glo chip called "Shocking Pink". That one is a pigment.

The Lonestar product is actually just a regular pink dye. They use the term "hot pink" to describe the shade you get when using a lot versus a little. Just the terminology they chose.

The specialty hot pink shade only comes as a solid color because I suspect they combine it with some white pigment or something (or maybe it's a special pink pigment).

Anyway I'm sure regular pink dye would work fine, or a very small amount of red.