Wax Blends

Does anyone here blend wax to come up with a wax they like? I've seen several posts where people say they use a blend of two kinds of waxes and was curious to know what people use and how they came up with their blend.

I blend two waxes for my tarts. J223 (container wax) and 6228 (preblend pillar wax with great scent throw). I got this idea from another board member (Kimberly) who had sent me a sample tart so that I could smell for myself. She actually used J50...not the J223...but since J50 and J223 are very similar and I already had it, along with the 6228, I decided to use it...and with great results. Before I was using veggie waxes and straight pillar waxes for my tarts and they sucked big time...very little scent throw...but these tarts kick ass. As for my containers, I use straight J223 and for my pillars I use a straight paraffin which is 4045...which I like very much.

I use a blend of 4630 and soy for my containers. I like 4630's throw but found it too soot-y, so added soy and now I feel I have found the perfect combo. I use that combo and 1246 for tarts and pillars. As for how to come up with the perfect combo for you, trial and error lol, just like everything in candlemaking!!:)