Square mason jars

We use adm soy and a CD 16. in most oils. I also use the 51-32 or 44-32 zinc core with a 50/50 blend and it works great too.

I have used the RRd's and they also are good in this jar, but they tend to bend a bit too much for me, so I switched to CD's.

Jordan

I've been trying to find the best wick for these jars, also. They just look too cute when done! Wicking depends on your soy brand and of course fragrance & color. Some soy takes larger wicking than others. EL container and Northstar's soy take smaller wicking than say Snowtops. In Snowtop's, I am using 2 drops of color and about 8.5% FO per pound. In light FO I have used RRD 47, HTP 126, CD 16-18 and Eco 10-12, in the heavier FO, I am at CD 18-20, RRD 50 or 55, Eco 12-14, and the 62C and soon will be trying the HTP 1212 or 1213 and Peak's cottons. None have been perfect for me yet. Hopefully someone will give a wicking suggestion and include the type of soy they use as that does make a difference. I feel like this is rambling, (hey, I am babysitting 3 grandkids today) but I guess I am looking for an answer also! Beth

I haven’t gotten it down exactly yet (but close), but have had very good luck so far testing the zincs (yes, someone who swore they would never use zincs in soy). I have tried about 6 different types of wicks in these. Didn’t like the look of the mushrooms of the big single wicks so have been trying double wicking. So far I have had the most luck with the 36-24-24z wicks.

With cottons and paper, for some reason most of my FO’s take somewhere between the largest wick and two of the smallest wicks in this jar. The largest ones don’t quite make it there and 2 of the smaller ones get there too fast. For me it has been a difficult jar to get wicked exactly right and be happy with the way it looks after you blow it out.

My 3 ½” jars were a breeze to wick compared to these.

Hey Kerry, If you don't mind, share more on the double wicking. I haven't been able to get a good burn with any size single wicks. I keep trying, but think I'm going bonkers with these. How close do you place the double wicks since the opening is smaller than the jar. Also, do the zincs burn hotter than say cottons? I just tried RRD 50 and 55, and I couldn't get them to clear even the the neck. :( Thanks. Beth