Question for those who do body/room sprays.....

Beth-VT

I've been testing sprays using cyclo and FO and am loving it. I use it in my hair, on my skin, on the linens, even on the dog areas like her bed and futon (yes, she has her own futon).

My question is, do you make just one spray and market it as a kind of an all purpose item, or do you do seperate ratios. Like for body sprays (using skin safe oils of course)...do you use a lower percentage of oil in your body/hair sprays and market it as such, then maybe use a stronger version and market it for room/linen sprays?

I don't think I'm writing this the way I want it to sound. Example: a common ratio for cyclo/FO seems to be 8:1, which is roughly 11% FO. For a room/linen spray this is great and would have a strong scent, but is that too high a % for even skin safe oils? I've not had any skin reactions or problems myself but wondering if others might find it irritating??

I only use it for body spray, for room spray I just do the water/alcohol thing, cause it's cheaper.

It makes sense to have to different products with different ratios.

But I have seen people maket it as for the body/hair/ room.

For the hair, I make my own shine mist combined with other silicones, only for myself and family cause most of the time I just throw it together and eyeball measurements and haven't written it down yet.

Probably should have read all the thread but didn't.

I make room sprays, body sprays and perfumes/colognes. It actually depends on my customers and how they like their scents...light, heavy, etc.

I also add oils to my body sprays. But mainly its 1:2 ratio (FO to cyclo) This is what I use for room sprays for sure and new customers. Then, they will say can you make it stronger, lighter, etc.

I've only just started TRYING to make body sprays, so still playing around with ratios and stuff, so not really much help to you Beth, but I have a question along the same lines:

DO you think people (meaning customers/consumers) would think it strange to buy a room freshener that can also be used on your body/hair?

Oh, and I like my body sprays on the stronger side, and also like strong linen/room sprays, as a matter of fact I like strong candles, oh everything strong! :D LOL

I'm still testing mine..but have thought about this as well.

I will market mine as body spray, but let people know it is safe to spray on their clothes..thus can also be used as a linen spray. I know personally that I spray my previously bought :shocked2: body sprays in the room also :)

This is how I PLAN to market my sprays...we shall see this fall if it is successful.

DO you think people (meaning customers/consumers) would think it strange to buy a room freshener that can also be used on your body/hair?
LOL...now THAT'S what I was trying to get at, just didn't get it out quite right :wink2:. Thanks Michi, that is exactly my concern. I think I would think it kind of odd, so maybe that answers my own question.

Yep, I thought they might think it was strange/odd. ;)

That being said, I HAVE taken my previously store bought body sprays and used them on my bed linens. ;)

Actually I do it quite often, while remaking my bed, I don't wash the mattress cover weekly like I do my sheets, so I spray the mattress cover before putting my new sheets on, and also my pillows before putting new cases on. :)

Hmmm, there's gotta be a way to market a product like that, that people wouldn't think was strange.

I mean, I know I can't be the only one who does this with their body spray right?