Has anyone tried Genwax?

I use it and have never had a problem with it. I like it because I get a more tranlucent hurricane with it. Once you place your order it will usually ship the same day depending on when they receive your order or the next day if you order in the afternoon. HTH

I've been to their warehouse many times to pick up wax, etc. As a matter of fact, that's the wax we used prior to finding out about 1343 (if I was in the area, I'd pick it up).I haven't tryed their hurricane wax and hope to someday. Wasn't that impressed with the pillar wax.If you are close to their warehouse, I'd recommend you stoppin in. It was fun!

I've never tried their wax, but I can say that their FO Juicy Bits of Orange was the *only* straight orange I ever tested that didn't have a fuel smell. It was wonderful. Their Root Beer was pretty good as well. Haven't looked at them in ages though to see if they still carry those.

They have this HUGE candle that's about 4' wide and tall. Just huge! The wick is a rope! LOL - I think you can buy it for $1200.00 or there abouts!

They do have good prices on wick and additives.

Robin, I don't remember seeing Root Beer but I bet they would be good!

I actually took their candle class, which was soooo cool!! Made my first hurricane with them, but they did it with a glass jar inside and those large see-through colored pebbles that people use to put in their vases and stuff (forgot what those things were called, lol). Anyhow, they turned out so cool, IMO, and when you put a lit tealight inside, it shines right through! Since we used a glass jar, they added something called 'microwax' or something like that, to make the wax adhere to the jar more, but I assume most people make them without the jar. Well, HTH!

I bought my first candles supplies ever from Genwax. I seldom buy from them anymore because they're on the opposite side of the country and now I'm hip to exactly what I want and who supplies it closest to me. But anyway they have a solid reputation except that some of the prices are a little high.

I've never tried their wax, but I can say that their FO Juicy Bits of Orange was the *only* straight orange I ever tested that didn't have a fuel smell. It was wonderful. Their Root Beer was pretty good as well. Haven't looked at them in ages though to see if they still carry those.

Juicy Bits of Orange is a fav of mine as well. I have a friend that goes nuts over that scent.

I have bought from them before, and they were super quick with my order (of course I'm in CA ;) ) and they were prompt with their email invoicing/notification.

I ordered a straight paraffin wax from them, just to try it out, but didn't want to mess with having to mix additives an such for container candles, but I also ordered two different FO's from them, one was an apricot that smelled NOTHING like apricots :/ and the other was a patchouli (one of their higher end FO's) and it was STROOOONG, as a matter of fact I made a pillar out of it and it's in my hutch and everytime I open the hutch the scent just about knocks me out. :D LOL

Anyway, I think they serve their purpose in some regards, but some of their prices are too high for me, and they don't carry any name brand waxes, etc. but they DO have a large selection of FO's and pretty good prices. ;)

I hope their hurrican wax works for you Lezli, cuz I know you're really close by to them and that would save you a bundle on shipping charges. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I'll never do business with this company again. Their customer service is horrible. When I received my order the slab of wax was put into the box uncovered. Now I have peanuts and other stuff stuck to the wax. I ordered ordered some other waxes and additives and non of the stuff was marked nor were there any instuctions on meltpoints, etc. I emailed them and it took them 1 1/2 weeks to get back to me. I just called them to ask another question and the girl was talking to someone else in the shop while talking to me. Ugggh.

That's terrible! :mad: Not a good way to do business..... and packing the wax without a plastic sleeve?!?!?!? Sorry you had that experience with them. I was happy when I received my order, but if my memory serves me correctly, the additives I ordered came in zipper bags, and the contents were marked with a black marker that had smudged quite badly. I only knew what it was based on other stuff I had here at home.

I have been to the warehouse in Hollywood several times. I will never use the container wax again. I read somewhere that Genwax was the largest supplier of wax in California so I decided that the container wax has to be great. WRONG!:mad: I was barely able to get any throw from the wax at all. And they do have a bad habit of just boxing the wax up, unwrapped.

Now the scent at Genwax is great. I have at least 40 different scents from them and I love them, especially the Hawaiian pikaki, Ginger, Oriental spice and Ocean.:drool: I recently switched back to J223 and all is great with candle making again. :yay:

I get a lot of other things from them too, such as the color chips, warning lables and wick stickums (but they call them something else).

They are good for those things but now that I have tried Peak scents and wax, I am hooked.

I too recently had a bad experience with them. They had a hurricane mold that I really wanted. I ordered wax, hurricane mold, and the insert. The fools sent me the insert and the wax. When I looked at the shipping slip it had "BO" on it.

They didn't even email me or call me too let me know so that I could just cancel the order. I emailed and called them the same day. They guy who answered said it would get here in 7-10 days. 7 days later another guy calls saying he got my email and it would be another 7-10 days. He was saying something about a new shipping manager. I'm done with them.

I just received a shipment from Genwax this week and everything was fine. I ordered the 140 mp pastilles, they didn't seal up the bag, but luckily there wasn't wax all over the place. I also got some additives and they were in ziploc bags and marked with a sharpee. I'll let you know what I think of their wax, this will be the first time I will have tried their wax. Cross your fingers!:rolleyes2

Now I also received a shipment from Peaks today, and I was very impressed with their shipment. Every bottle was wrapped and very organized. I bought a bunch of sample fragrances and can't wait to try them. Lemon poundcake and Blueberry Muffin mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!:drool:

I just received a shipment from Genwax this week and everything was fine. I ordered the 140 mp pastilles, they didn't seal up the bag, but luckily there wasn't wax all over the place. I also got some additives and they were in ziploc bags and marked with a sharpee. I'll let you know what I think of their wax, this will be the first time I will have tried their wax. Cross your fingers!:rolleyes2

Now I also received a shipment from Peaks today, and I was very impressed with their shipment. Every bottle was wrapped and very organized. I bought a bunch of sample fragrances and can't wait to try them. Lemon poundcake and Blueberry Muffin mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!:drool:

It's good to know that they are now marking their bags. Maybe they got the hint after I talked to them a few weeks ago.