kids bath jelly recipe

1cup melted clear MP base

4 cups water

2 envelopes Knox unflavored Gelatin

1 oz germabenII

Fragrance oil

3 or 4 skin safe dyes

3 or 4 small containers

Pour envelopes of Gelatin into a bowl and set aside. Microwave 4 cups of water until boiling. Gently pour into the bowl of gelatin and stir until completely dissolved. In the meantime melt the M&P in the microwave. Add fragrance oil to the melted M&P. Slowly pour the soap into the Gelatin and stir gently. When mixed thoroughly, pour into individual containers and color. Place uncovered containers in the refrigerator until firm.

we use the new gladware tumblers with lids to put this in...

I dont have any experience with that one.. I suppose it wouldnt hurt it in anyway.. the preservative is optional... i add it as its for kids.. and they are grimy and dirty and germ ridden.. I have 4 soo every little bit of protection helps..:laugh2: . I have made it W/O preservitive.. and had no issues with molding or anything like that..

of the Germaben? That's the only preservative I have.

Thanks

Tracey

I don't know.. you might have to play with it(increase water or decrease the gelatin.. I have never had a problem,, its usually gels nicely for me.. and not real firm.. just nice and goopy

I made this the other day and it got quite hard and not quite as easy to paint with. Would it hurt to add a bit more water to the gelatin to make it more of a liquid?? I am going to get some phenonip for another recipe and might try it in here as well.

Steph

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Made some this weekend - finally got to unmold it tonight ... GOOEY AND GROSS!! :shocked2:

May be a silly question but - how do you make this stuff bubble up? SLSA? It's just kinda gooey and broke up to bits when we rubbed it around in our hands under water ... my hands smell like blueberries though!!

Any help is appreciated!

Made some this weekend - finally got to unmold it tonight ... GOOEY AND GROSS!! :shocked2:

May be a silly question but - how do you make this stuff bubble up? SLSA? It's just kinda gooey and broke up to bits when we rubbed it around in our hands under water ... my hands smell like blueberries though!!

Any help is appreciated!

it doesnt "bubble up" its not a foaming bath jelly or like bubble bath, I got suds using it with kids wash cloth or a poofy. Mine didnt break apart or crumble.. it was like "jelly" thick, but soft and sqooshy..smearable..