Using a microwave to melt wax

Get a Presto Kitchen Kettle..it is a black slow cooker type pot..they sell them at wallyworld..just set the temp under 200 and it melts wax QUICK..pour into your pot(to add scent/color) or install a spigot(I don't)..and wipe out with a paper towel when done. :wink2: Best investment I made in the biz.

Since leftover wax that is colored and scented is stored in plastic containers that are hard to get the wax out of, I DO use a microwwave but ONLY to soften the wax enough to get it out of the container and into the pot for melting! It's in for less that a minute if it's a pound or more wax and I'm standing right there. I use soy wax!

I use a micro to melt soy way all the time and have for at least four years. I melt my wax in the Presto pot then pour into a plastic 2 qt. pour pot, have a pot for every scent(100+). Then pour into a smaller cup size pot for smaller jobs like pouring embeds, votives, tarts or t-lites. If the wax cools off too much or if some is left and I need to melt it I always use a microwave. My pots only cost $.90 each and some have been used almost every day for all these years. They have a tri with a 5 inside on the bottom. I first used the pitchers to make Mirco soap with the lye and all. Doesn't take long to melt soy about 2-3 mins for a lb. Seems like fresh soy that has not been melted before takes longer so I don't do that much. I would not melt paraffin couse everyone says not to, I don't have any experience with it. HTH